Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear grylls or Ray mears, which one are you?
19 February 2013, 21:19,
RE: Bear grylls or Ray mears, which one are you?
(19 February 2013, 15:45)NorthernRaider Wrote: Eddie Mcgee

Now there is a name from the distant past,..if I have the right guy,.. wasnt he the ex-SAS guy would ran survival out of,...and I am not sure here,... but I think I met him in Brecon,... I was an instructor at the school of Infantry there for the last two years of my service
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 February 2013, 22:02,
(19 February 2013, 21:19)Highlander Wrote:

Now there is a name from the distant past,..if I have the right guy,.. wasnt he the ex-SAS guy would ran survival out of,...and I am not sure here,... but I think I met him in Brecon,... I was an instructor at the school of Infantry there for the last two years of my service

Aye thats him he was also the guy who hunted down Barrie Prudham who killed a cop IIRC and he wrote a book about tracking and survivalism called NO NEED TO DIE

19 February 2013, 22:17,
(19 February 2013, 22:02)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(19 February 2013, 21:19)Highlander Wrote:

Aye thats him he was also the guy who hunted down Barrie Prudham who killed a cop IIRC and he wrote a book about tracking and survivalism called NO NEED TO DIE
Yep,.. deff the same guy,... now he was the man!!!
19 February 2013, 23:07,
Yeah he lived near my sister in law in Pately Bridge, I did a few of his courses and one day seminars, made me look like a bloody novice !!! even though I had been doing it for a living since 72.

19 February 2013, 23:42,
(19 February 2013, 23:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: Yeah he lived near my sister in law in Pately Bridge, I did a few of his courses and one day seminars, made me look like a bloody novice !!! even though I had been doing it for a living since 72.

I just remembered where I met him,...it wasnt Brecon, it was in Sennybridge
23 February 2013, 19:32,
would that be the training town in sennybridge? Big Grin its freeze your nuts off weather up there in winter Smile
Winter is coming
28 March 2013, 09:15,
Les Hiddins on the telly was my first introduction to any kind of bushcraft. A legend.
I also like Les Stroud.
Mar sin leat