Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear grylls or Ray mears, which one are you?
19 February 2013, 13:58,
RE: Bear grylls or Ray mears, which one are you?
I am going to go against the grain and go Dave Canterbury. Grylls does needless stupid stuff mostly for attention i like ray more but it isn't survival like the others have said. If you ever watch duel survival it is a nice middle between Ray and bear
19 February 2013, 14:06, (This post was last modified: 19 February 2013, 14:07 by Prepper1.)
Les Hiddins

Well, aiming to be like...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
19 February 2013, 14:17,
(19 February 2013, 14:06)Prepper1 Wrote: Les Hiddins

les hiddins is a dude !!!
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
19 February 2013, 14:44,
(19 February 2013, 14:17)Barneyboy Wrote:
(19 February 2013, 14:06)Prepper1 Wrote: Les Hiddins

les hiddins is a dude !!!

LES Hiddins AKA Bush tucker man is a GOD, apparently he lives in the North Queensland bush with a load of ex Vietnam vets from the Aussie Forces.
19 February 2013, 14:56,
Gotta be Mr Mears!
19 February 2013, 15:45, (This post was last modified: 19 February 2013, 15:48 by NorthernRaider.)
Neither I prefer people with real skills like John Lofty Wiseman or my old teacher Eddie Mcgee and gods like Major Les Hiddens, Mears and Grylls are minor players in comparison. Indeed when Meers went walkabout in Oz the first think he did was seek our Major Les and it was clear for all to see on TV that Mears was clearly suborndinate to the great Major.

I always considered myself quite good at combat and survival after more than 10 years soldiering, then I did two of Eddie MGees courses and soon realised i knew lest than nothing and I was in the presence of a master.

19 February 2013, 15:49,
(19 February 2013, 15:45)NorthernRaider Wrote: Neither I prefer people with real skills like John Lofty Wiseman or my old teacher Eddie Mcgee and gods like Major Les Hiddens, Mears and Grylls are minor players in comparison. Indeed when Meers went walkabout in Oz the first think he did was seek our Major Les and it was clear for all to see on TV that Mears was clearly suborndinate to the great Major.

ever thought that was because Les is older and Ray has respect for him, unlike Mr Grylls who Ray has referred to as a "showman"..i think he might have meant SHOWOFF!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 February 2013, 17:22,
Neither. I'm more of a home boy. I don't see survival out in -20 to be something I want to practise. I think there are enough homes in the UK we can use without having to build anything from kindling.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 February 2013, 20:04,
If I had to choose I would say Ray's approach is far better for long term situations. His methods follow those that have been around forever allowing people to live in difficult environments without tech or gear they cant make locally. Bear is only into getting out of danger quickly.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
19 February 2013, 21:09,
Sort of midway with a tough of fanny craddock