Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
41 items to barter.
22 May 2013, 15:39,
RE: 41 items to barter.
(22 May 2013, 15:36)BeardyMan Wrote:
(22 May 2013, 14:50)bigpaul Wrote: I do love it when people say "society will re-emerge", can you be so sure?

If it does re-emerge, let's hope it's not the same as it is now....

YES PLEASE! one thing I don't want is "Business as usual"!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 May 2013, 23:29,
(22 May 2013, 15:36)BeardyMan Wrote:
(22 May 2013, 14:50)bigpaul Wrote: I do love it when people say "society will re-emerge", can you be so sure?

If it does re-emerge, let's hope it's not the same as it is now....

Most of us have a comfortable home and enough to eat, I'd be happy to carry on that way.
23 May 2013, 06:56,
(22 May 2013, 14:50)bigpaul Wrote: I do love it when people say "society will re-emerge", can you be so sure? and if so, where do you get your information from? me...i'm not so certain.

Yes I can be sure. It's not something that can be 'looked up' to check the data. Human Beings are not by nature insular. "No Man is an island unto himself".

I do like my own company and can be quite satisfied with it. We are social animals and even after the SHTF and things fall apart, small groups of people will come together in common groups and build whatever social structures are necessary.

I am very sure.
23 May 2013, 13:22, (This post was last modified: 23 May 2013, 14:00 by bigpaul.)
(23 May 2013, 06:56)River Song Wrote:
(22 May 2013, 14:50)bigpaul Wrote: I do love it when people say "society will re-emerge", can you be so sure? and if so, where do you get your information from? me...i'm not so certain.

Yes I can be sure. It's not something that can be 'looked up' to check the data. Human Beings are not by nature insular. "No Man is an island unto himself".

I do like my own company and can be quite satisfied with it. We are social animals and even after the SHTF and things fall apart, small groups of people will come together in common groups and build whatever social structures are necessary.

I am very sure.

yes YOU are sure but you have no proof. "No man is an island" is a load of bollocks, many men( and its mainly men) have felt the need to be apart from others, these days they are sneered at as "loners"...I am one such person, I despise the human race..its full of idiots, spongers, snobs, chavs and lumpunts,the sooner TSHTF and all this human waste is swept away the better. the only reason "small groups will come together" is because they haven't got the bottle to stand on their own two feet.

(22 May 2013, 23:29)Steve Wrote: Most of us have a comfortable home and enough to eat, I'd be happy to carry on that way.

yes I've heard a lot of remarks in a similar vein. most also say they would rather die than compromise their current lifestyle, should clear some space for the rest of us who intend to survive at any cost.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 May 2013, 15:11,
(23 May 2013, 13:22)bigpaul Wrote: yes I've heard a lot of remarks in a similar vein. most also say they would rather die than compromise their current lifestyle, should clear some space for the rest of us who intend to survive at any cost.

I fully intend to live as long as I wish to. It will be my choice.

I don't understand people who seem to relish disaster and the death of other people, I am happy to share the planet with another 7 billion people as long as possible, when it is no longer possible many of them will die but I don't look forward to that day.
23 May 2013, 18:04,
(23 May 2013, 15:11)Steve Wrote:
(23 May 2013, 13:22)bigpaul Wrote: yes I've heard a lot of remarks in a similar vein. most also say they would rather die than compromise their current lifestyle, should clear some space for the rest of us who intend to survive at any cost.

I fully intend to live as long as I wish to. It will be my choice.

I don't understand people who seem to relish disaster and the death of other people, I am happy to share the planet with another 7 billion people as long as possible, when it is no longer possible many of them will die but I don't look forward to that day.
the trouble is it wont STOP at 7 billion, they keep breeding like rabbits, I've always said the human race will BREED itself out of existence, we'll be standing on each other shoulders before too long.
23 May 2013, 19:06, (This post was last modified: 23 May 2013, 19:08 by River Song.)
(22 May 2013, 14:50)bigpaul Wrote: yes YOU are sure but you have no proof. "No man is an island" is a load of bollocks, many men( and its mainly men) have felt the need to be apart from others, these days they are sneered at as "loners"...I am one such person, I despise the human race..its full of idiots, spongers, snobs, chavs and lumpunts,the sooner TSHTF and all this human waste is swept away the better. the only reason "small groups will come together" is because they haven't got the bottle to stand on their own two feet.

Oh Dear Oh Dear - Are you really THAT miserable?

"For certain more curious and disenchanted spirits, the pleasure of ugliness comes from an even more mysterious sentiment, which is a thirst for the unknown and a taste for the horrible,” wrote Charles Baudelaire. “It is this sentiment, the germ of which all of us carry inside to a greater or lesser degree, that drives certain poets into clinics and anatomy theaters, and women to public executions.”

Smile

@BP - Do you knit perchance?
23 May 2013, 19:21,
(23 May 2013, 19:06)River Song Wrote: Oh Dear Oh Dear - Are you really THAT miserable?

No i'm not! but I realised a long time ago that people are no good and not to be trusted. oh and by the way, I may not agree with everything you say but I do not resort to personal insults(the knitting remark), please refrain from such .
23 May 2013, 21:23,
@BP

My apologies - It wasn't meant as a personal insult but as an addition to the observation of Charles Baudelaire about the women at public executions. In Charles Dickens's novel A Tale of Two Cities, the character Madame Defarge is a particularly bloodthirsty tricoteuse during the Reign of Terror. She and her fellow guillotine-watchers encrypt the names of those executed (and other information) into their hand-knit goods by using different sequences of stitches, creating a sort of Morse code from yarn.

Once again - my apologies
24 May 2013, 08:19,
(23 May 2013, 21:23)River Song Wrote: @BP

My apologies - It wasn't meant as a personal insult but as an addition to the observation of Charles Baudelaire about the women at public executions. In Charles Dickens's novel A Tale of Two Cities, the character Madame Defarge is a particularly bloodthirsty tricoteuse during the Reign of Terror. She and her fellow guillotine-watchers encrypt the names of those executed (and other information) into their hand-knit goods by using different sequences of stitches, creating a sort of Morse code from yarn.

Once again - my apologies

ok, apology accepted. I see where your coming from...I didn't realise you were referring to the French Revolution!!