Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
41 items to barter.
22 February 2013, 17:58,
RE: 41 items to barter.
(22 February 2013, 13:46)Skean Dhude Wrote: As long as you do no harm to anyone else you can do what you want. Soon as you impact on others then you have a problem.
stay away from other people and you wont have a problem, its interacting with other people that causes problems Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 May 2013, 13:32,
I saw an interview with a young woman from Sarajevo. She said that she had food and water and clothing but what she really wanted was a nice shampoo !!

So .. put together a few little boxes containing

Soap
Shampoo
Toothpaste and Brush
Tampons
Lipstick
Chocolate

... and be prepared for some serious sex Smile
22 May 2013, 13:39,
(22 May 2013, 13:32)River Song Wrote: I saw an interview with a young woman from Sarajevo. She said that she had food and water and clothing but what she really wanted was a nice shampoo !!

So .. put together a few little boxes containing

Soap
Shampoo
Toothpaste and Brush
Tampons
Lipstick
Chocolate

... and be prepared for some serious sex Smile

that sounds like an invitation!Angel
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 May 2013, 13:51,
got some duck tape today 4 big rolls to add to my others ,just love duck tape OH thinks im bat shit bonkers
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 May 2013, 13:54,
(22 May 2013, 13:51)Barneyboy Wrote: got some duck tape today 4 big rolls to add to my others ,just love duck tape OH thinks im bat shit bonkers
I've got two and a half rolls so far,i pick up another from my friendly trader every time I go to the car boot...along with a few other things.
22 May 2013, 14:06,
There is a view that I have seen expressed -- "No bartering. If I dont have it I dont have it. I'm not going to let people know what I've got"

IMHO, thats very short sighted. It may be OK in the short to medium term but some form of society will be (re)created
and either trade or barter will operate probably in joint venues with some kind of security.
22 May 2013, 14:18,
I dont mind bartering, its often more secure and fair than using currency and getting hammered for VAT Smile

22 May 2013, 14:29,
I hope bartering is common, no way can I make or grow everything I want. Trying to be totally insular just makes everyone poorer.

Of course, immediately after an "event" there will be loads of people with nothing to trade who will want to take your stash, but they won't be around for long.
22 May 2013, 14:50,
(22 May 2013, 14:06)River Song Wrote: There is a view that I have seen expressed -- "No bartering. If I dont have it I dont have it. I'm not going to let people know what I've got"

IMHO, thats very short sighted. It may be OK in the short to medium term but some form of society will be (re)created
and either trade or barter will operate probably in joint venues with some kind of security.

I do love it when people say "society will re-emerge", can you be so sure? and if so, where do you get your information from? me...i'm not so certain.
22 May 2013, 15:36,
(22 May 2013, 14:50)bigpaul Wrote: I do love it when people say "society will re-emerge", can you be so sure?

If it does re-emerge, let's hope it's not the same as it is now....