Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you most grateful for?
21 February 2013, 21:16,
RE: What are you most grateful for?
My lovely OH who has stepped up to the plate for me more times than I can count. That and the fact that I was born English.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
21 February 2013, 21:32,
i am grateful for virtually everything I have at this moment, ever since I left school I have pushed myself to leave jobs I didn't like and places I didn't feel right in,... [ including an ex wife ]

So, at this time, I am grateful for Bracken here, who is my rock,.. I am grateful for the place in which we live and the job I love doing

Life is good,..so no-one blow it up please
A major part of survival is invisibility.
22 February 2013, 00:11,
My wife.
22 February 2013, 00:14,
(21 February 2013, 18:01)Mortblanc Wrote: 1. peace of mind based on my religious convictions.

Sorry I love looking at philosophy and religion, can I ask what you mean by this? don't mean to intrude on private beliefs and if you feel I am just tell me Mortblanc.

Thanks
HideandSeek
Where the senses fail us, reason must step in.
Galileo Galilei
22 February 2013, 07:08, (This post was last modified: 22 February 2013, 07:21 by Scythe13.)
(21 February 2013, 21:16)MaryN Wrote: My lovely OH who has stepped up to the plate for me more times than I can count!

I count mine doing that just once....continuously, since the day we met!!!

(22 February 2013, 00:14)HideandSeek Wrote:
(21 February 2013, 18:01)Mortblanc Wrote: 1. peace of mind based on my religious convictions.
Sorry I love looking at philosophy and religion, can I ask what you mean by this? don't mean to intrude on private beliefs and if you feel I am just tell me Mortblanc.

I'm a Christian, so I'll give my answer. Bare in mind that if you don't believe the same, that doesn't matter. The idea is to try to understand the other person's point of view. If you don't understand that, there is no need to make a show of your (not directed at you H&S, just everyone on the forum) inability to empathise with a conflicting view to your own.

For me, my faith as a Christian empowers me with surety of action. It guides me in situations morally. Comforts me the same way a parent does in times of suffering. Strengthens me in my desire to help other people. Emboldens me to try and save another person's life. And relaxes me when death is knocking at my door, knowing (through faith) that it is not the end.

If you believe God guides you, then the strength you have is increased hugely through love. Love causes the adrenalin rush in the grandeparents that bend car doors to rescue grandkids from burning cars (I'd have opted for using the door handle haha), love makes protecting someone 100x more important. Even the Tarahumara who run 100 miles a day....everyday....do so because they love to run.

Laugh all you want, but if your car has crashed into a freezing river, you want someone with love trying to rescue you, instead of someone that quits because their reason/purpose isn't enough of a reason to die for.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 February 2013, 14:45,
can we keep religion out of prepping? i'm a Pagan myself but i dont mention it...muchBig Grin i think JW Rawles spoils a lot of his books by including religion it it and it tends to turn a lot of people off. maybe we should make a rule: no politics or religion on the forum, lets just keep to Prepping subjects only, after all SD himself says whats (this or that) got to do with prepping..so can we keep to the subject please? no offence meant!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 February 2013, 14:56,
I have the body of a god - just a shame it's Buddha
22 February 2013, 15:35,
I agree with BP, can we please keep theorhetical invisibible dietys off the forum please

22 February 2013, 17:47,
I am most grateful to my parents for providing me with good genes.
Keen eyesight, excellent immune system, no hereditary diseases, strong heart, good teeth.
slim but toned physique. killer instinct and a total lack of conscience .
Respect existence or expect resistance!
23 February 2013, 07:52, (This post was last modified: 23 February 2013, 08:27 by Mortblanc.)
(22 February 2013, 00:14)HideandSeek Wrote:

Thanks
HideandSeek

PM sent.

(22 February 2013, 14:45)bigpaul Wrote: can we keep religion out of prepping? i'm a Pagan myself but i dont mention it...muchBig Grin i think JW Rawles spoils a lot of his books by including religion it it and it tends to turn a lot of people off. maybe we should make a rule: no politics or religion on the forum, lets just keep to Prepping subjects only, after all SD himself says whats (this or that) got to do with prepping..so can we keep to the subject please? no offence meant!Big GrinBig Grin

If you shut done discussing politics you will have to close down half the forum! Most of you guys prepping is due to political/economic anticipations and repercussions.

One can open a thread about tennis shoes and it has gone political, anti-chineese and balance of trade rant by the third post! It's one of the delights of this forum.

As for the Pagan thing...

We already had that figured out.