i've got it down to these two models

The curves on this Bio composite Scythian are gorgeous
http://www.grozerarchery.com/htm/szkita/bio/j/1.htm

This Turkish bow is a little powerhouse though
http://www.grozerarchery.com/htm/torok/bio/j/1.htm

And no I can't buy them both because the Wife needs a holidayAngry
22 February 2013, 12:21,
RE: decisions decisions
The first one looks the prettiest and most portable.

22 February 2013, 12:35,
(22 February 2013, 12:21)NorthernRaider Wrote: The first one looks the prettiest and most portable.

it is very portable being 45 inches when strung, have a thanks for making my mind up.
22 February 2013, 12:40, (This post was last modified: 22 February 2013, 12:41 by NorthernRaider.)
Its the short length and utter simplicity that are driving me towards the 48 inch Korean horse bow, The big British bows are beautiful but utterly impossible in dense woodland or urban environments.

How long do you consider the working life of such a bow as the scythian bow to be ?

22 February 2013, 12:41,
i like the look of the Scythian
22 February 2013, 12:49,
nice looking bows , i went for a standard traditional longbow about 60 inches long, suits me to a T, but then i'm a traditional type of guy!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 February 2013, 13:10,
I would go for the shortest, but both look excellent
22 February 2013, 13:24,
im getting a long bow you should get one of them pal Big Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
22 February 2013, 13:30, (This post was last modified: 22 February 2013, 13:37 by Tartar Horde.)
(22 February 2013, 12:40)NorthernRaider Wrote: Its the short length and utter simplicity that are driving me towards the 48 inch Korean horse bow, The big British bows are beautiful but utterly impossible in dense woodland or urban environments.

How long do you consider the working life of such a bow as the scythian bow to be ?

I've had my Avar bow for nearly twenty years from the same maker as the Scythian and still going strong, there is no reason why the KAYA will not last the same length of time. I'm nearly 50 now and I have every faith that my Horse bows will see me out.

(22 February 2013, 13:24)Barneyboy Wrote: im getting a long bow you should get one of them pal Big Grin

Yes it should arrive today BarneyBig Grin I hope you enjoy it, and at 6foot plus it's a real Longbow that will put the fear of God into any Frenchman. Normal practise for English archers was to shoot @ 180yds at a stick with a cloth/flag on "Clout Shooting", the nearest arrows winning. This was artillery practise so the archers could shoot en mass and concentrate their arrows at any yardage.
22 February 2013, 13:59,
for the arrows wot sort of wood is best my friend
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!