Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
securing outbuildings
24 February 2013, 20:39,
RE: securing outbuildings
(24 February 2013, 19:47)Geordie_Rob Wrote:
(24 February 2013, 18:40)Hex Wrote: Small fishing hooks hung at various heights from the roof of your shed while your away. Anyone tries sneaking in at night gets tangled and mangled Smile

My mate done that & got done for setting traps. Not sure of the actual charge but he very nearly lost his job for it & had to give the poor old thieving bastard some compo. To make it worse, the lad got a caution & that was it as he never actually got in to steal anything so was just criminal damage. Obviously because our country is fucked up, my mate had to pay to repair the damage aswell.

sad the way our country works isnt it.
Winter is coming
25 February 2013, 16:34,
Does the outbuilding have electricity?

Maybe wiring the handle / lock up to the mains may deter thieves? Stick a fuse of some sort in so they don't get the full 240v [or find some way to jack it up instead Wink]

You would obviously have to make sure you turn the power off before you went into the building yourself, and ensure that your family know about the security measures you have in place.
25 February 2013, 17:33, (This post was last modified: 25 February 2013, 17:33 by Ghost.)
If the shed has soil under it instead of a concrete base then it's easy to cut a hole in the wooden floor, then dig out enough soil to sink a large sealable water but into it and when away put all valuables into the but, seal it up and replace the wooden floor.

Make sure you hide the 'trap door' with an old rug or heavy blanket
Respect existence or expect resistance!
25 February 2013, 18:42,
BeardyMan, That isn't how electrickery works. You would have to be really lucky not to kill someone if the circumstances are right or wrong.

Unless you are willing to get rid of bodies, perhaps including some of your friendly neighbours or your kids, then I would avoid that.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
25 February 2013, 21:35,
(25 February 2013, 18:42)Skean Dhude Wrote: BeardyMan, That isn't how electrickery works. You would have to be really lucky not to kill someone if the circumstances are right or wrong.

Unless you are willing to get rid of bodies, perhaps including some of your friendly neighbours or your kids, then I would avoid that.

This is what the little old lady who owned our local corner shop did Smile

She made a big thing of telling or showing most of the locals her special set up. The police weren't impressed at all, but once word spread no one ever attempted to break in again.

You could use the same set up as an electric fence, just pump up the juice a little bit, cause they don't really hurt that much. That would be legal, but no where near as much fun.

I have a few more methods, but they're worse than this one so I'll keep those to myself Tongue