Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heres a thought about wireless power charging of goods
25 February 2013, 15:37,
Heres a thought about wireless power charging of goods
Most of you will have read about the search for recharging stuff like I Pods and Cell phones wirelessly, and running TVs, Stereos laptops etc wirellessly in your homes, cars and offices.

Primarily the technology appears to use circuitry built into walls or bodies of vehicles that can transmite or excite an electrical charge that will power your electronics and electrical goods. IE they turn your entire house , car or office into what I would call a big effing conductor or the reverse of a faraday cage what ever one of those would be called.

So my novice level of understanding makes me ask the question

What the F*** happens if an EMP or CME hits your neighbourhood ??
OR imagine the devices inside your house being walloped with a huge burst of electromagnetic energy that the new technology will ENCOURAGE the burst to be radiated to every appliance in your house????

Its bad enough if lightning hits your TV aerial imagine what millions or watts or amps or whatever its called would do if your walls are lined with a wire grid designed to send the energy INTO your room.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...adget.html
25 February 2013, 18:28,
RE: Heres a thought about wireless power charging of goods
Everything will be fried in the house, especially those items that are plugged in, because most houses employ a `ring main` wiring system, i.e., the live leaves the mains input and goes around the house and back into the mains again,...off the `ring main` are `spurs`

I know that our house don't have a `ring main` system,.. but one long `spur`,... its the older way of doing the wiring,... I am just about to get it upgraded to a ring main

I don't think that lightning hitting your aerial would do that much damage though,.. it might not do your TV much good, but I wouldn't hurt anything else...[ and I am not sure, but your telly maybe protected too]
A major part of survival is invisibility.
25 February 2013, 18:37,
The devices get the power by a very low powered system. Basically it is the same as a transformer. So it works fine.

It will make no difference when an EMP or a solar flare hits what method is used to charge your item. They will still get fried if the solar flare or EMP is powerful enough.

This method of charging is not very efficient either so if you are generating your own power then you would want to switch it off and use wired chargers.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
25 February 2013, 20:03,
I am sure that the solar panels now on our roof would not survive a strong Emp,... so I have other smaller solar panels Faraday protected,... hope never to use them, but you never know
A major part of survival is invisibility.
25 February 2013, 22:17,
It'll just clonk them out same as a normal EMP would to wired systems.

I really don't know what the issue is with these systems. A friend of mine is an architect and he's been telling me about these systems for about 6 years saying how the technology is going all wireless.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 February 2013, 13:02,
As technology progresses we were swapping efficciency for convienience. Over the last decade though we have been doing it the other way around.

It will be interesting seeing how it goes.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 February 2013, 13:11,
(26 February 2013, 13:02)Skean Dhude Wrote: As technology progresses we were swapping efficciency for convienience. Over the last decade though we have been doing it the other way around.

I thought this new system was meant to be super efficient? Only using power then items were turned on or when batteries needed charging? Like a phone; it would run on the ariel current AND charge the battery, once the battery was fully, the current would reduce until it was just enough to run the phone. That's what I was lead to believe.

This system could either be amazing or awful. I'm thinking not the latter.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin