Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Must view: Drones
26 February 2013, 12:29, (This post was last modified: 26 February 2013, 12:32 by bigpaul.)
RE: Must view: Drones
(26 February 2013, 12:25)cryingfreeman Wrote: But in my original post I was thinking more along the lines of the rebuilding / recovery phase on down the line... When a new scary world might emerge.

i dont think we need worry about "special " units especially down the line CF, i think it will have gone too far by then, ANY service personnel that are left are going to be more concerned about their families especially if they arent being paid.

(26 February 2013, 12:28)Tigs Wrote: the government would have very little to do with planning for any type of shtf in this country really , after all governments change . shtf would be planned for by cobra, cobra was given the remit for shtf scenarios in the late 80's , the problem is that anything they came up with was based on personnel numbers before the cuts !( military (inc reserves ), police, fire fighter, paramedic, nhs etc all cut in numbers) any attempt to put into place the plans they came up with prior to the cuts would be unworkable .

with 7 million+ in Londonistan alone TPTB would have enough of a problem there(especially if the "ethnics" kick off-which they are BOUND to do) the rest of the country would have to go it alone.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 February 2013, 12:45,
Im currently living in south londonistan and feel everything is on a hair trigger,when tshtf here tptb{government,royals,nobility}will be whisked off to safety and will think fuck the rest of these people and it will be everyone for themselvesAngry
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
26 February 2013, 12:47,
your right BP up until leaving the army in 2004 i had met one or two jr officers that had been /where involved with, might even be still involved with cobra , and most of their plans revolved around local shtf scenarios not national , for any national plan to work all the local plans would have to be coordinated at such a level of accuracy it would be impossible
26 February 2013, 12:51,
(26 February 2013, 12:47)Tigs Wrote: your right BP up until leaving the army in 2004 i had met one or two jr officers that had been /where involved with, might even be still involved with cobra , and most of their plans revolved around local shtf scenarios not national , for any national plan to work all the local plans would have to be coordinated at such a level of accuracy it would be impossible

i KNOW on a local level there are no such plans, any plan that ever existed has not been updated for years, apart from an emergency plan for the A30 near Exeter for inclement weather which involves using a motel and a school as "emergency Shelters"...apart from that-thats it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 February 2013, 12:52,
You can buy drones here for less than £500. I'm seriously thinking of getting one for recce work. Providing you can charge it from your solar power supply, or whatever, you can gain a massive tactical advantage even when you are just out scavanging.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 February 2013, 12:54,
(26 February 2013, 12:45)TheFalcon Wrote: Im currently living in south londonistan and feel everything is on a hair trigger,when tshtf here tptb{government,royals,nobility}will be whisked off to safety and will think fuck the rest of these people and it will be everyone for themselvesAngry

yep, thats about the size of it.
26 February 2013, 13:01,
(26 February 2013, 12:51)bigpaul Wrote:
(26 February 2013, 12:47)Tigs Wrote: your right BP up until leaving the army in 2004 i had met one or two jr officers that had been /where involved with, might even be still involved with cobra , and most of their plans revolved around local shtf scenarios not national , for any national plan to work all the local plans would have to be coordinated at such a level of accuracy it would be impossible

i KNOW on a local level there are no such plans, any plan that ever existed has not been updated for years, apart from an emergency plan for the A30 near Exeter for inclement weather which involves using a motel and a school as "emergency Shelters"...apart from that-thats it.

you would be surprised after 9/11 a lot of new plans where made but only one that i know of was ever practiced , the view being that if it worked in one area it could work every where !!
26 February 2013, 13:51,
Not much is readily discernible about current plans, but looking at the old declassified Cold War emergency plans, it was clear the general public were to be kept in a docile, "keep calm and carry on" mode as long as possible, while TPTB scrambled to safety. Civil defence planning was a superficial morale boosting ploy that was part of this sham; the transparency of the deception is really brought home in the depressing "When The Wind Blows" and of course, for anyone who subjected the government's "care" for the general public to any kind of scrutiny, the whole charade became demoralising rather than morale-boosting. Still, it shows how thick the masses were / are when a little bit of window dressing from the government could make things pre-crisis feel much better than they really were.

And the moral of the story is: DON'T RELY ON ANYONE ELSE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU AND YOURS!
26 February 2013, 21:04,
I liked that CFM.....the technoligy is prob ten years out of date ....if we are looking at it........which is the way it works....but still very very interesting..and very worrying
26 February 2013, 21:20,
(26 February 2013, 12:00)bigpaul Wrote: Scythe, do you really think our modern govt..made up of posh schoolboys and professional politicos...has a clue how to organise ANYTHING if TSHTF...none of them have had a REAL job or live in the REAL world......i think they'll be caught on the HOP just the same as the sheeple are!Big Grin

I agree, none of the posh schoolboys have a clue,.. but they don't need to have, in the planning of various emergencies, it is not the government that plan what to do next, they get in the best minds in the country, top military people, top Police experts, or even SAS guys.

Despite what we say about the people at the top, we as a country have always been very good at organizing most things, we often complain about how things are going, yet we often end up achieving the results in the end,... not via the face of government people, but via the people who advice the government people

The biggest mistake anyone can make is to underestimate what we think a person, or group of people can or cant do,..... even with what we now think are reduced forces
A major part of survival is invisibility.