Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamo Pellet review.
4 March 2013, 13:55,
Gamo Pellet review.
This weekend I visited my friend who received the Gamo .22 air rifle for me. I am very pleased with it.

As promised a review of the pellets that I've purchased ( all in .22 of course)

the gun is a Eu spec, so its over powered against UK regulations for non FAC. Muzzel velocity with 1gram lead pellets is in the region of 800fps.

Here are the results we got:

Gamo Pro Hunter 1gram Roundhead
Well packed in tins, no apparent damage in transit.
Close grouping at 10m, to 40m after that a bit wild, but most likely down to my inexperience with the new gun.
Punched through 1/2" ply up to 40m

Gamo ExpanderGamo 1gram Roundhead hollow point
Well packed in tins, no apparent damage in transit.
Close grouping at 10m, to 25m after that a bit wild, but most likely down to my inexperience with the new gun.
Penetrated into 1/2" ply and expanded well even at 10m
This will be a good close range pest control pellet we think.

Gamo TS22 1.4g semi-pointed, elongated
Well packed in tins, shiny appearance, apparently they are oiled. No apparent damage in transit.
Close grouping at 10m, to 30m after that very hit and miss. When they hit they carries a lot of power. At 40m punched cleanly through 1/2" ply.
Extra weight makes them drop at longer range substantially more than the Pro Hunters.
These are sold as long range pellets. This is inaccurate. They certainly pack a punch at range, but their inaccuracy lets them down.
Where they shine is at closest range where they have huge Kinetic Energy and extreme penetration capability.

Out of this bunch, if we were to only invest in one pellet type it would be the Pro Hunter.
conscius et paratum