Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Gun Pellet storage
26 February 2013, 20:30,
RE: Air Gun Pellet storage
not got this unit ,but have one the same of sorts
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
26 February 2013, 20:34,
(26 February 2013, 20:30)Barneyboy Wrote: not got this unit ,but have one the same of sorts

Are the pellets fiddly to make, and how do they work?
conscius et paratum
26 February 2013, 20:43,
(26 February 2013, 20:34)Digger Wrote:
(26 February 2013, 20:30)Barneyboy Wrote: not got this unit ,but have one the same of sorts

Are the pellets fiddly to make, and how do they work?

at first yes ,but like most things you get the feel for it .and yes the shoot well ,the good thing is lead will melt in a wood fire ,and any crap bits of lead you find can be turn into pellets
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
27 February 2013, 10:02,
I'm looking at storing at least 50 tins of pellets. As for the if an air rifle can handle tht many rounds? who cares I have several rifles. I could have one that can last 1000000 rounds and get it stolen or drop it. You should also keep spares. I've been spreading the cost over several years so it isn't too bad.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 February 2013, 10:06,
no amount of stuff be it food be it pellets is going to last for the rest of your life( more so the younger you are), thats why i make contingency plans like also having a bow and arrows, not just for when i want to be quiet but also for when the pellets run out.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 February 2013, 10:25,
Which is a good time to suggest archers buy themselves at least one roll of dacron or rayon or whatever is the thread used to make bowstrings with

27 February 2013, 14:01,
(27 February 2013, 10:06)bigpaul Wrote: no amount of stuff be it food be it pellets is going to last for the rest of your life( more so the younger you are), thats why i make contingency plans like also having a bow and arrows, not just for when i want to be quiet but also for when the pellets run out.

Hi BP, I'd give myself a max 20 year life expectancy after a society destroying incident.

SD's estimate of 50 tins of 500 would get me through that whole time. The weakness I have to plan for is damaged seals and springs.

I agree with you though, that more simple technology solutions need to be put in place as back-up.
conscius et paratum
27 February 2013, 14:06, (This post was last modified: 27 February 2013, 14:14 by bigpaul.)
(27 February 2013, 14:01)Digger Wrote: Hi BP, I'd give myself a max 20 year life expectancy after a society destroying incident.

why only that long ?, i'm older than some on this site and i still give myself longer than that,but then i never did feel my age anyway!Big Grin

you have to be careful storing pellets, i stored some i bought a few years ago, not a long time scale probably 3 or 4 years, and they all tarnished and went rusty! gun club said dont use them buy new cos they will mess up the barrel.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 February 2013, 15:41,
Store 'em however you want. Just give them a quick spray of WD40 before putting them away. they'll even come out the barrel quicker Wink
27 February 2013, 15:47,
(27 February 2013, 14:06)bigpaul Wrote:
(27 February 2013, 14:01)Digger Wrote: Hi BP, I'd give myself a max 20 year life expectancy after a society destroying incident.

why only that long ?, i'm older than some on this site and i still give myself longer than that,but then i never did feel my age anyway!Big Grin

you have to be careful storing pellets, i stored some i bought a few years ago, not a long time scale probably 3 or 4 years, and they all tarnished and went rusty! gun club said dont use them buy new cos they will mess up the barrel.

Why 20 years? Because if real melt down occurs, conditions will be so tough and demanding I reckon that's be the extreme of old age that I'd be capable of fending for myself and my loved ones.

Interesting that your pellets went bad. Beardy's idea of WD40 sounds good. Maybe give them a squirt, then seal the tins before putting them away.
conscius et paratum