Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Master Kassai Lajos
2 March 2013, 12:25,
RE: The Master Kassai Lajos
(2 March 2013, 11:45)Metroyeti Wrote: Channel 4 show utopia one of the characters said gengis khan was the greatest man to ever live, as the world would be even more over populated without him.

I do admit to having a soft spot when it comes to Genghis, he wasn't bad just missunderstoodRolleyes.
To give you an idea of the training all Mongol males went througth makes people understand why they were so succesful, it is also a wonderfull lesson in self sufficiency that all preppers should follow.
Before Mongol boys could walk they went with their father on the saddle, and learnt to handle horses. At the same time they were given small bows to play with and taught to shoot, they would also be shown how to make their bows by watching their father. By nine years old they were all accomplished archers being able to shoot from horseback any moving targets. The young boys formed squads and hunted as a unit. learning group tactics as they grew up together enabled them to be extremely mobile on the battle field, able to change direction en mass at will. By sixteen years they would be considered men who would be expected to be able to make his own bow, arrows and everything he needed as a Mongol to herd and make war. If we can learn just one lesson from the Mongols it is that self sufficiency is the key to your survival. Another lesson the Mongols show us is that having strong family and kin means you are relient on no one. They took the "Lone Wolf" approach, and turned into the "lone pack".
2 March 2013, 16:28,
Not read the fictional books yet, but colin ingulden(not sure I spelt that right) series about the mongols is meant to be fantastic
4 March 2013, 16:38,
(2 March 2013, 16:28)Metroyeti Wrote: Not read the fictional books yet, but colin ingulden(not sure I spelt that right) series about the mongols is meant to be fantastic

It is BRILLIANT!!!

I read the set of all 5 books and they were well worth the cash!
And the name is Conn Iggulden.
Great books.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
4 March 2013, 16:55,
(28 February 2013, 16:42)Tartar Horde Wrote: This is what made the Huns and Mongols so feared enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs0poHibsSg

youve got to admire the huns and the mongols.
small pockets of nomads that banded together rather than face extiction and nearly managed to conquor the whole of europe. with nothing more than a few sticks and stones and a few blades.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson