Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from teeside
28 February 2013, 18:53,
RE: Hello from teeside
The government has been" fluffing" up for years, i thought you might have noticed!!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2013, 19:39, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 19:46 by Luci_ferson.)
(28 February 2013, 18:29)NorthernRaider Wrote: Theres plenty of preppers or so called preppers up here, everything from really great keen motivated folks to complete time wasters and everything inbetween.

im one of the ones thats somewhere inbetween and heading towards serious.
Didnt even realise I was a prepper untill last few days.
but then I didnt know what a prepper was.
All the so called preppers that ive come across were all just nuts looking for an excuse to bury themselves in a hole and collect weapons and freeze dried powdered food substitutes.

(28 February 2013, 18:53)bigpaul Wrote: The government has been" fluffing" up for years, i thought you might have noticed!!Big GrinBig Grin

lol, yup noticed it in 2006 but instead of getting better theyre getting worse. its like theyre doing it all deliberately.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
28 February 2013, 19:47,
i think in Britain we have to distance ourselves from (the American type of) Survivalists...beans, bullets and bandaids.... Preppers i think are more low key than that and are (mostly) family orientated.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2013, 19:48,
yep thats about right, sadly too many brits have been watching the americans, and theyve lost the plot.
28 February 2013, 19:49, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 19:50 by bigpaul.)
(28 February 2013, 19:39)Luci_ferson Wrote: lol, yup noticed it in 2006 but instead of getting better theyre getting worse. its like theyre doing it all deliberately.

i'm fairly convinced they are doing it deliberately, nobody is THAT stupid not even politicians!Big Grin

(28 February 2013, 19:48)Luci_ferson Wrote: yep thats about right, sadly too many brits have been watching the americans, and theyve lost the plot.

i think a lot of people were probably put off by the Louis Theroux TV programme on "Survivalists" in America which came over as a bit macho and gung ho!Big Grin
28 February 2013, 19:53,
one of the ones i watched was the lois theroux and it definately makes people think wrongly.
but i think it was probably deliberately made to do that.
28 February 2013, 19:57,
(28 February 2013, 19:39)Luci_ferson Wrote: All the so called preppers that ive come across were all just nuts looking for an excuse to bury themselves in a hole and collect weapons and freeze dried powdered food substitutes.

Ah yes the Lesser Spotted Rambo Wannabe, not to be confused the the Greater Couch Prepper and the European Icantdoityet. Least they are dying out along with the Lookatme prepper whose breeding plumage is only ever seen when the TV cameras are out Smile

28 February 2013, 20:00, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 20:04 by Luci_ferson.)
(28 February 2013, 19:57)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(28 February 2013, 19:39)Luci_ferson Wrote: All the so called preppers that ive come across were all just nuts looking for an excuse to bury themselves in a hole and collect weapons and freeze dried powdered food substitutes.

Ah yes the Lesser Spotted Rambo Wannabe, not to be confused the the Greater Couch Prepper and the European Icantdoityet. Least they are dying out along with the Lookatme prepper whose breeding plumage is only ever seen when the TV cameras are out Smile

lmao you just pretty much named every single one of the people ive met in the last 6 years.

you only left out the hoarders. those who have stocked mountains of food and toiletries in a spare room and done nothing else.

one of those even proudly showed me his mountain of branded goods.
cant see him lasting long in a shtf situation. im sure hel have shown just about everyone.
28 February 2013, 20:04, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 20:05 by NorthernRaider.)
Those critters I just treat either with pity or contempt, the ones I really dont like at those who think themselves as EXPERTS and lord it over others, I've been prepping since 78/79 and consider myself a novice and I learn something new nearly every day from other preppers who have only been part of the community a short while. I hate the elitism crap that pervades our community.

To me EXPERT is defined as EX = is a hasbeen and a (s)PERT is a drip under pressure.

I also hate AL up in Scotland cos he is cleverer than me, Highlander cos hes more sorted than me and Tarrel cos hes better prepped than me Smile

28 February 2013, 20:08,
lmao i must remember to listen to AL in scotland, to Ask Highlander for what supplies to get my hands on. and Tarrel what hes been upto in last 6 months lol