Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from teeside
28 February 2013, 20:10,
RE: Hello from teeside
You just need to do lots of studying, followed by making a plan, then implimenting it, rapidly followed by getting out of Teesside. I left 7 years ago.

28 February 2013, 20:13,
ive got a plan to stay where i am behind my reinforced house for any little problems. with its small stores and few supplies.
and then get the hell out to my allotment as soon as things get scarey cos il need to protect that food.
its not much of a plan but its a beggining.
ive got water filters etc. and im in the process of buying/building/creating everything else il need.
im a lot further behind a lot of you.
havent even started on putting together a decent radio system yet. (next big project)
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
28 February 2013, 20:18, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 20:20 by NorthernRaider.)
Have you seen the current threads running on prepper radio comms utilising CB, PMR 446 ( modified) and Ham for the extra long range.

FYI a lot of us are settling for Baofeng Uv5RCs cos it gives us Ham and High power ( but illegal) PMR 446 frequencies for use after the collapse. Do please read the numerous threads.

28 February 2013, 20:24, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 20:29 by Luci_ferson.)
We pulled the old chicken sheds down today so ive got about half a ton of put away for when i get up there but id rather burn as little as possible and not draw attention to me.

ive been reading the threads regarding radio and some of the articles that have been written , i see what you meant about the complications regarding getting definitive answers.
i am assumning that after an event most survivors first responses will be to try to communicate, and since a lot wont be preppers they will aquire their radios from abandoned taxis etc.
could be very difficult finding other preppers amongst all the sheeple who were just smart enough to throw a cb togeether.
il be looking more into ham but not abandoning the basic cb idea
thanks loads for the tip about the Baofeng Uv5RCs. much appreciated

il be getting cracking on comms as soon as ive finished my new disguised shed/home

money dont seem to go far enough these days .
28 February 2013, 20:33,
The beauty of the UV 5 is its both a Ham radio AND a PMR all in one and its go AM/FM radio as well IRRC and they are only £36 from Sinotel.

28 February 2013, 20:35, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 20:39 by Luci_ferson.)
wow theyre a lot cheaper than I assumed. and a lot better than i had planned for.
thanks very much
i was just about to ask you for a supplier and you already answered.
so thanks again anyway , i thought it was gonna cost me about £200 to get something half decent put together. thats a lot better than id planned and a hell of a lot cheaper.
very much appreciated.

i can get 4 handsets for less than i expected to pay for just a base station set up.
28 February 2013, 20:55,
Slow down Luci, slow down and focus on a viable plan the kit requirements will sort themselves out as you go along.

28 February 2013, 21:01, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 21:09 by Luci_ferson.)
part of my plan was to get comunications sorted in some form.
you never know when its gonna blow lol
if it catches me at the moment before i get everything built properly and all in place , id really like to be able to comunicate with those that have the know how. which is you guys.
I couldnt just stay in the house indefinately and hope someone was coming. cos thats highly unlikely, im not ritch , im not famous, and im certainly no nuclear phsyicist
communications has been high on my list for a while.

my food supply would dwindle within about 3 to 4 months, my whole survival would depend on keeping my allotment deffended as that would become my only source of food.
if it happens tomorrow id be screwed. if it happens after I get comms sorted ive got a much better chance. atleast id still be able to find stuff out.
since we never know exactly when It will happen i reckon " its best to get the right comms from the start rather than realise the only people you can communicate is 500 people who have butchered taxis for their cbs and are starving hungry
28 February 2013, 21:17,
Luci to develop working comms and relationships with other preppers takes a lot of time, effort , trust building and mutual respect, that only comes through making an effort and through mutual cooperation. Just make alternative plans as a back up to defending your allotment. You need a backup BOL, you need escape routes, you need caches, you need to plan carefuly and slowly. Actually you dont NEED anything per se but its wise to expand your plans to cover various eventualities..

If you are on the north side of the Tees you may find you are in radio range of me and a few others, but only if you are using the same frequencies, channels and bands as everyone else. So pause and start making more indepth plans Smile

28 February 2013, 21:38, (This post was last modified: 28 February 2013, 22:13 by Luci_ferson.)
My initial plan is to just get on with life.
but part of that plan is build myself a nice little hidey hole on the allotment just incase i ever have the need to live in it . since it needs a new shed anyway.
As for my house , i plan on staying here and watch the world go by untill that day if it ever arrives.
but in the mean time I have a hobby that just so happens to involve being very interested in water filtration, communications, alternative energy etc.
and along the way I happen to store certain food groups.
Ive been this way for a while now although recently ive taken a little interest in a few diy building projects too
I cant really think of anything else to include into my plan,
ive written it down many times and altered it from time to time, but i always find the same problem and the same weakness.

problem - cold hungry starving people.
weakness - me (when it comes to dealing with them my personality is very gullible and violence is something i find difficult. )
only solution to the problem i can think of is to stay undetected
I have a limited gas supply so i would eventually have to resort to burning wood.
as soon as my gas runs out I would really have to move to the allotment. if not sooner.
its a crap plan but if the shtf 2moro id have half a decent chance at the most.
if tshtf after i get comms purchased my chance improves as what i dont know now I would still have the possibility to find out.

now i just carry on day by day and soak up as much info as possible on whatever subjects may someday be of use to me.

oh and hopefully get to know a few of you lot up here in the north east along the way.
afterall it would be you lot that id be trying to comunicate with so may as well get to know a few of you before hand.

I Kinda Kept putting comms off all the time because I wanted to make sure I got the right stuff but to do that I fihured the best way would be to actally go and communicate with the people that know what that is, which is you guys .
and thats how I found my way here
which was lucky for me cos I found my original plan had lots of holes in it and they werent little ones.