Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
compound bows
3 March 2013, 11:32,
compound bows
have seen an ad on Ebay for a Darton compound bow...the end has split and come apart....is this repairable or is it a no-no?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 March 2013, 11:44,
RE: compound bows
No, leave it be, its takes a lot of abuse to bugger one. you would need a new par of limbs

3 March 2013, 11:46,
(3 March 2013, 11:44)NorthernRaider Wrote: No, leave it be, its takes a lot of abuse to bugger one. you would need a new par of limbs

ok mate thanks, thought so, i know what i'm doing with longbows but compounds are an unknown quantity to me.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 March 2013, 11:55,
I wouldn't want to be holding a compound when it breaks although that doesn't look like a very high power one.

I wouldn't touch it to be honest
If you can't strip it down and re build it, you don't own it
3 March 2013, 12:06,
there are 12 bids on it already and given the above advice i'll give it a miss. i'm happy with my longbows, i just thought if i could buy a compound i liked at a reasonable price it might be worth having a permamently strung bow for short range purposes. if you get my drift?
3 March 2013, 14:55,
That is what I like about compounds. There is no set up time just load and shoot.

The only thing that worries me is the sensitivity of the trigger. I wouldn't want to point one at someone in order to intimidate them only for the thing to go off prematurely.

Maybe a cheap recurve kept strung maybe a better idea
3 March 2013, 18:11,
(3 March 2013, 14:55)PrepperJohn Wrote: Maybe a cheap recurve kept strung maybe a better idea

seems like a plan to me!Big Grin
3 March 2013, 20:45,
(3 March 2013, 14:55)PrepperJohn Wrote: That is what I like about compounds. There is no set up time just load and shoot.

The only thing that worries me is the sensitivity of the trigger. I wouldn't want to point one at someone in order to intimidate them only for the thing to go off prematurely.

Well thats me totally baffled, My compounds set up and fire as easy as my recurve, and for the life of me I cant find a trigger on any of them?

3 March 2013, 23:18,
When someone says a bow is right handed/left handed,.. is a right handed bow held in the left hand and pulled with the right, or the other way around?
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 March 2013, 09:09,
(3 March 2013, 20:45)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(3 March 2013, 14:55)PrepperJohn Wrote: That is what I like about compounds. There is no set up time just load and shoot.

Well thats me totally baffled, My compounds set up and fire as easy as my recurve, and for the life of me I cant find a trigger on any of them?

Compounds are permenantly strung so could be more use in a hurry. High power compounds tend to be shot using a release aid which is like a trigger.

(3 March 2013, 23:18)Highlander Wrote: When someone says a bow is right handed/left handed,.. is a right handed bow held in the left hand and pulled with the right, or the other way around?

A right handed bow is held in the left and pulled with the right. Correct.