Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handcrafted bushcraft knife
27 March 2013, 22:11,
RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife
Right the response has been really amazing. I am going to go into a production run and get a few of the bushcraft knives ready. There will be a website up and running soon and I will be taking orders for the survival knives too. Today I have managed to find a supplier for leather so I will be offering Handmade sheaths in both cordura and leather.

Prices :

Basic Bushcrafter £45
With cordura sheath- £50
Leather Sheath - £60

Survival Knife - £60
Basic cordura sheath £65
Survival cordura or basic leather £70

I will be working on new designs and can look at bespoke designs too.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
28 March 2013, 08:02,
Smile Thats great news.
Mar sin leat
28 March 2013, 15:55,
(27 March 2013, 17:29)Binnie Wrote: totally unrelated to the knife thread, who issued the parking fine?

local council or a private company?

if its a local council then pay early for a discount!!!

if its a private company like Town and County Parking, just ignore it, it'll go away

see http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/show...?t=3682835 for more details

FIGHT THE POWER!!

Local council. If I don't pay in two weeks it doubles to £90.00
It really grinds my gears!!!!
Respect existence or expect resistance!
28 March 2013, 22:53,
(28 March 2013, 15:55)Ghost Wrote:
(27 March 2013, 17:29)Binnie Wrote: totally unrelated to the knife thread, who issued the parking fine?

local council or a private company?

if its a local council then pay early for a discount!!!

if its a private company like Town and County Parking, just ignore it, it'll go away

see http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/show...?t=3682835 for more details

FIGHT THE POWER!!

Local council. If I don't pay in two weeks it doubles to £90.00
It really grinds my gears!!!!

Bad luck Ghost parking is just another money spinner for local Gov and another way to bleed drivers.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
29 March 2013, 02:49,
Hello mate. Just bought a hand made jobby, but those prices are superb! Do you have any pics of the basic bushcrafters and the leather sheath+

Cheers,

Ben
30 March 2013, 19:25,
(29 March 2013, 02:49)BeardyMan Wrote: Hello mate. Just bought a hand made jobby, but those prices are superb! Do you have any pics of the basic bushcrafters and the leather sheath+

Cheers,

Ben

The basic bushcrafters are in production. The one in the recent video is a left handed grind and obviously the knives are never exactly alike but it gives a good idea of what they look like. I have 5 bushcrafters on the way plus the lefty. There is a large Bowie style knife too.

The sheaths will be a dark brown hide 2-3 mm thick British leather. I will be making the sheaths to fit the individual knives. Each will be hand stitched. Eventually I will be able to offer sheaths in a variety of colours but as each Hide is 12 square feet I need to use at least some of the first one before I order again. Whole hides are not easy to store!!

The current crop of knives will be available soon and I will of course advertise them on this site first so the members get first chance at them.

Once I get a few sales I can look at individual bespoke orders and in particular get onto the survival knives.

Sourced some great steel for those the other day too!!

Final news for now is that there will be a website opening soon for NORTHUMBRIMAN KNIVES. Will keep you updated!

Duncan
30 March 2013, 22:40,
(29 March 2013, 02:49)BeardyMan Wrote: Hello mate. Just bought a hand made jobby, but those prices are superb! Do you have any pics of the basic bushcrafters and the leather sheath+

Cheers,

Ben

The basic bushcrafters are in production. The one in the recent video is a left handed grind and obviously the knives are never exactly alike but it gives a good idea of what they look like. I have 5 bushcrafters on the way plus the lefty. There is a large Bowie style knife too.

The sheaths will be a dark brown hide 2-3 mm thick British leather. I will be making the sheaths to fit the individual knives. Each will be hand stitched. Eventually I will be able to offer sheaths in a variety of colours but as each Hide is 12 square feet I need to use at least some of the first one before I order again. Whole hides are not easy to store!!

The current crop of knives will be available soon and I will of course advertise them on this site first so the members get first chance at them.

Once I get a few sales I can look at individual bespoke orders and in particular get onto the survival knives.

Sourced some great steel for those the other day too!!

Final news for now is that there will be a website opening soon for NORTHUMBRIMAN KNIVES. Will keep you updated!

Duncan
30 March 2013, 22:50,
Just checking Duncan, do you accept PayPal?
31 March 2013, 19:32,
(30 March 2013, 22:50)Binnie Wrote: Just checking Duncan, do you accept PayPal?

Yes I will be doing all the selling via paypal so totally secure.
The site will have a paypal link up when I eventually get it up and running in the meantime if there is a knife you want I can send a paypal invoice via email.

Duncan
7 April 2013, 01:49,
I will be interested in the next month in getting a left handed Basic Bushcrafter with a leather sheath and will place a order