Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handcrafted bushcraft knife
9 April 2013, 06:12,
RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife
hey northumbriman, heres an idea for ya, on the knife, at the end of the handle, you could make a rounded notch in it

a bit like this https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc07pqc26gof4u...0notch.png

to be used as something to strike your firestarter with, this would have a few advantages over the bits of metal provided with them usually, or with using either the knife's blade (which would ruin it) or the back of the knife, these advantages being, you could aim the sparks with a far greater degree of accuracy, and it also makes striking your firestarter easier Smile

and if you got one of those magnesium block firestarters, it should do a nice job of scraping off bits of magnesium too Smile

anyway, just an idea for ya.

on a side note, how custom are you willing to go and what sort of steels are you happy using? i got a few ideas in mind Smile
9 April 2013, 07:16, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 07:31 by Northumbriman.)
[quote='Hrusai' pid='53267' dateline='1365484373']
hey northumbriman, heres an idea for ya, on the knife, at the end of the handle, you could make a rounded notch in it

to be used as something to strike your firestarter with, this would have a few advantages over the bits of metal provided with them usually, or with using either the knife's blade (which would ruin it) or the back of the knife, these advantages being, you could aim the sparks with a far greater degree of accuracy, and it also makes striking your firestarter easier Smile

and if you got one of those magnesium block firestarters, it should do a nice job of scraping off bits of magnesium too Smile

on a side note, how custom are you willing to go and what sort of steels are you happy using? i got a few ideas in mind Smile

Hi if there is something specific you want pm me with your design. I will be happy r to look at it and see if I can do it.

Neither

Hi if there is something specific you want pm me with your design. I will be happy r to look at it and see if I can do it.

Neither

Neither
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
10 April 2013, 07:39,
The first of the northumbriman basic bushcraft knives is now in the final stages of testing and finishing. It is a right handed Scandia ground blade. 10cm blade 10cm handle. Its almost 3mm thick on the spine. High carbon steel. I will have a the video demo on you tube over the weekend. Its got a hand stitched leather sheath to compliment it.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
10 April 2013, 09:06,
(10 April 2013, 07:39)Northumbriman Wrote: The first of the northumbriman basic bushcraft knives is now in the final stages of testing and finishing. It is a right handed Scandia ground blade. 10cm blade 10cm handle. Its almost 3mm thick on the spine. High carbon steel. I will have a the video demo on you tube over the weekend. Its got a hand stitched leather sheath to compliment it.

Got any pics rather than video?
10 April 2013, 19:20,
(10 April 2013, 09:06)BeardyMan Wrote:
(10 April 2013, 07:39)Northumbriman Wrote: The first of the northumbriman basic bushcraft knives is now in the final stages of testing and finishing. It is a right handed Scandia ground blade. 10cm blade 10cm handle. Its almost 3mm thick on the spine. High carbon steel. I will have a the video demo on you tube over the weekend. Its got a hand stitched leather sheath to compliment it.

Got any pics rather than video?

I will sort out pics tomorrow night mate. Will put a link up as soon as I get them done.
10 April 2013, 20:07,
Me looking forward to seeing the pics too...Smile
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
10 April 2013, 20:42,
Right the pictures are up on You tube of the Northumbriman Basic bushcrafter. This is the 20cm version (10cm handle 10 cm blade) There will be other options available soon including:-
The Bushcrafter+ (similar to this knife but 12cm blade)
The Basic Hunter and Hunter +

See the basic Bushcrafter pics at :-
http://youtu.be/T2E9xViL-QA

33%
13 April 2013, 01:57,
Ok I need to get some capital in so I can order stock for the next knives and sheaths.

I have at present a left handed bushcraft knife with cordura sheath and a right handed bushcrafter in a leather sheath.

I will offer the Left handed knife for £30 plus £5 P&P and the Right handed knife for £35 plus P&P.

These can be viewed at the you tube site Northumbriman123 or click on the links in earlier posts in this thread. PM me if you want one of these knives and I will sort out PAYPAL payment directly.
15 April 2013, 12:24,
Hello chap. Are you able to post pictures of the knives? I can't do youtube video on anything with a decent screen!!
16 April 2013, 23:05, (This post was last modified: 16 April 2013, 23:14 by Northumbriman.)
(15 April 2013, 12:24)BeardyMan Wrote: Hello chap. Are you able to post pictures of the knives? I can't do youtube video on anything with a decent screen!!

Hi Beardyman the pics are on my youtube channel Northumbriman123. I have tried putting pics up on here but you have to re-size them. The one in the pics has gone now but I have others on the way.

The right handed basic bushcrafter is sold but the left handed one is still available. There are other knives on the way including the Northumbriman compact bushcrafter and the basic hunter. I will also be making more basic bushcrafters and the bushcrafter plus range which will follow the same design but with a slightly longer blade length.

I will be sourcing the steel for the survival knives soon.