Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handcrafted bushcraft knife
17 April 2013, 12:00, (This post was last modified: 17 April 2013, 12:01 by BeardyMan.)
RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife
Any chance you can email some pics to me? Like to have a proper gander at something before I buy it Big Grin

email address may help!

sales@sids-surplus.co.uk
26 April 2013, 18:40,
There are four knives almost completed at the moment should be ready to go by end of next weekend. There are as follows:

1x Bushcraft clip point right handed 10cm blade with leather sheath.
1x Bushcraft + clip point right handed 12 cm blade with LS
1x Righ handed knife one off design with LS
1x Hunter knife 10cm blde with left and right side grind. LS

I will post pictures an prices as soon as they are ready.

There is also a Survival knife in the early stages of work. This is a copy of the knife pictured in my avatar. It is by its nature a longer job than a bushcrafter as the steel is considerably thicker and requires a great deal more hard graft to work into a blade!!

In other news from the Northumbriman forge I have just built a trough forge for working longer pieces of steel.... thinking about dabbling in swords next.

As per my modus operandi I will make myself one first to see if I can do it to a reasonable standard then let you all know how it turns out.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
26 April 2013, 19:43,
(17 April 2013, 12:00)BeardyMan Wrote: Any chance you can email some pics to me? Like to have a proper gander at something before I buy it Big Grin

email address may help!

sales@sids-surplus.co.uk

did the pictures get to you?
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
5 May 2013, 17:11,
The next set of knives are finished and ready. I have uploaded a photoslide to my Youtube account and can forward pictures via email if interested.

The three knives finished are :

Left handed bushcrafter in leather sheath £30 + P&P

Right handed northumbriman bushcrafter plus in letaher sheath £35 + P&P

Northumbriman Hunter in leather sheath. £35 + P&P

These all have English oak scales for handles.

http://youtu.be/oJsoTyqyC24

The Northumbriman Survival knife should be ready in the next week or so as well as a Basic bushcrafter.
20 May 2013, 07:59,
I have set up a face book page under northumbriman knives. I will be posting pictures and videos on there. Friend request me if you are interested in seeing knives as they are finished.
27 May 2013, 16:49,
The new northumbriman survival knife is almost complete. Cherry wood handle scales have been attached so final shaping and polishing to go during the next week then a sheath. Pictures on Facebook and you tube.
9 June 2013, 21:04,
The new northumbriman survival knife is finished. Pictures are available on Facebook and you tube. Its a beauty even if I say so myself. Cherry wood scales on the handles. Best one yet.
7 July 2013, 19:21,
Just finished a small wood carving carving knife and almost finished a double ground bushcrafter for a friend. pictures are on my face book page.