Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handcrafted bushcraft knife
4 March 2013, 18:46, (This post was last modified: 4 March 2013, 18:47 by Northumbriman.)
Handcrafted bushcraft knife
Ok I am in the middle of making a bushcraft knife. It will be Hand made from high carbon steel and its got a left handed skandi single bevel grind. It will be full tang with hardwood scales. I will be putting up some pics soon. If anyone is interested let me know. There will be others on the way as the weather improves since a lot of the work is done outside and I don't work well with frostbite !!!Shy

Price will be a damn site keener than the prices on other sites for hand made bushcrafters cos i only do this as a hobby so am only looking at covering costs.

(4 March 2013, 18:46)Northumbriman Wrote: Ok I am in the middle of making a bushcraft knife. It will be Hand made from high carbon steel and its got a left handed skandi single bevel grind. It will be full tang with hardwood scales. I will be putting up some pics soon. If anyone is interested let me know. There will be others on the way as the weather improves since a lot of the work is done outside and I don't work well with frostbite !!!Shy

Price will be a damn site keener than the prices on other sites for hand made bushcrafters cos i only do this as a hobby so am only looking at covering costs.

Oh yes my avatar is an example of a survival knife I made previously. Hope to add some more pics soon.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
4 March 2013, 19:14,
RE: Handcrafted bushcraft knife
I'm interested, depending on price etc Big Grin
4 March 2013, 19:17,
always interested in another knife, depending on price.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2013, 19:57,
price dependant I could be interested too
4 March 2013, 20:58,
As per the above worthies have stated, I am interested too depending on price.
But I think it will be affordable if you are only looking to cover costs.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
5 March 2013, 01:08,
If its a good deal im inBig Grin
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
5 March 2013, 03:12,
sounds great, I'm pretty new to bushcraft so I'm still wrangling with the knife thing. practicing with a cheap mora which I would like to upgrade when I get more confident, thanks for letting us know
Do not rush to meet Death, he may not wish to see you.
5 March 2013, 08:35,
Ok well the current knife is approx half complete. As its a skandi grind the knife will suit a left hand. I will rope my techy son into setting up a you tube vid of some of my knives in use. When We get it up I will post a link on here.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
5 March 2013, 14:16,
I’d certainly be interested to see the work in progress and the finished job.
i`ve had go at making one out of an hand plane blade, it was just a diy jobby
6 March 2013, 11:22,
Would you make one on commission? I'm after a nice hand made knife for my collection, and I'd rather pay you to make it than someone else! I can probably provide most of the components too if that's any good?