Sars update in UK
4 March 2013, 19:13,
Sars update in UK
Sars virus shows person to person transmission in UK

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/case-sars-virus...56208.html
Respect existence or expect resistance!
4 March 2013, 19:20,
RE: Sars update in UK
seems they were family members or in close contact, i steer away from anyone in the street sneezing or coughing, another reason why i dont use public transport.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2013, 19:28,
when we first created international flight we never thought of the risk of diseases spreading at alarming rates.
they probably did, but theres no money to be made from disease prevention. only from treatment.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
4 March 2013, 19:53,
I have for a while wondered how much worse something like the Black Death i.e. a plague with no cure would have been like if you factored in global travel and how many more people would have died
4 March 2013, 19:57,
if a new flu virus is picked up in pakistan now it can be all over the uk within hours.
only as far as 30 years ago it would have been unlikely to got here because the journey would have taken months for most people
4 March 2013, 19:58,
yep exactly
4 March 2013, 19:58,
and we dont even have a quarantine period, its madness.
everyone should be quarantined for atleast 2 days after coming from the far or middle east.
4 March 2013, 20:02,
incubation periods of some diseases are a lot longer than 2 days
4 March 2013, 20:10, (This post was last modified: 4 March 2013, 20:11 by Luci_ferson.)
yup, but i used atleast 2 days as the bare min that they should have.
it wouldnt be much but it would be something, and not too much of an inconvenience to the traveller, after all the boat would still take a week.

so it would still be faster flying even with a 2day quarantine

although personally i never fly so you can keep then quaranteened for a month for me.
4 March 2013, 21:05,
It is not just travelers these days, it can also be a transfer of disease on goods transported world wide.

Imagine how many hands the average Chineese, Packastani, Tiwaneese made trinket goes through during manufacture, inspection, packing, transit, warehousing and shipping?

If even one of them sneezes on the plastic package of your new trinket guess what? Some of those cells can lay dorment for decades.

And you even paid extra for next day delivery!