Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allotments, a very real threat to our community
5 March 2013, 16:04,
RE: Allotments, a very real threat to our community
(5 March 2013, 15:50)Luci_ferson Wrote: we kept phoning the council and telling them were allotments were going unused.
eventually they phoned us and offered us an allotment that was run down and nobody had used it for about 3 years.

I've been told to ring them weekly once you're near the top & in some cases (if you pester them enough) they might offer you one instead of people above you just to get you to stop hassling them.
5 March 2013, 16:10, (This post was last modified: 5 March 2013, 16:14 by Luci_ferson.)
its right.
we should have been nowhere near the top.
but everyone they had shown this allotment to has reused it.
so they got sick of us pestering them and offered us it. theyve even offered to supply a skip to help clear it.
but we burned it all off. even the chicken sheds.
so now they still owe me a free skip. il use it to get rid of all the conrete bases im digging out lol

it will have cost me a grand total of absolutely nothing, as i reused soe of the chicken shed wood to repair the fences.

and all the wire meshing

theyre even giving me a 12ft by 10ft pallet (no idea what theyre off) to use as a base for my new shed/home lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
5 March 2013, 16:24,
(5 March 2013, 16:10)Luci_ferson Wrote: theyre even giving me a 12ft by 10ft pallet (no idea what theyre off) to use as a base for my new shed/home lol

I've already told my mrs I'm planning on virtually living there if/when I get one. She said its fine as long as I take the kids Smile I've told her I'm going to make a lawn area if I get a full plot that way kids can play & she can sunbathe. If we get any sun.

Ive already got a good supply of timber, OSB board, waterproofing materials for roof ect.. along with all the tools ill need (and possibly some I won't). Just need the plot.
5 March 2013, 16:33,
Sorry about that huge post chaps, chappesses and SD, I thought i had only copied the important bit near the top about getting 5 or 6 council tax payers together.
5 March 2013, 16:38, (This post was last modified: 5 March 2013, 16:39 by Geordie_Rob.)
(5 March 2013, 16:33)NorthernRaider Wrote: Sorry about that huge post chaps, chappesses and SD, I thought i had only copied the important bit near the top about getting 5 or 6 council tax payers together.

I tried arguing that surely by having 100+ people all waiting for a plot on just 1 site it satisfies the criteria set out in the allotment act but apparently it doesn't work that way. I think maybe its a case of changing the rules to suit them better.

Oops. Didn't mean to copy your reply into that bit NR
5 March 2013, 18:04,
(5 March 2013, 11:05)NorthernRaider Wrote: This for me is probably the most worrisome issue in todays media that affects preppers the most directly, ( though the late delivery of Bollinger to Fortnum and Mason will prolly cause Ghost the most worrySmile )

No Bolly !!!! Fuck that, I'm off, It's the end of the world as I know it....
Respect existence or expect resistance!
5 March 2013, 18:07,
(5 March 2013, 16:33)NorthernRaider Wrote: Sorry about that huge post chaps, chappesses and SD, I thought i had only copied the important bit near the top about getting 5 or 6 council tax payers together.

Its ok NR,..... no-one read it...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 March 2013, 18:08,
(5 March 2013, 18:07)Highlander Wrote:

Its ok NR,..... no-one read it...Smile

Story of my life Smile
5 March 2013, 21:52, (This post was last modified: 5 March 2013, 21:53 by Luci_ferson.)
(5 March 2013, 16:24)Geordie_Rob Wrote:
(5 March 2013, 16:10)Luci_ferson Wrote: theyre even giving me a 12ft by 10ft pallet (no idea what theyre off) to use as a base for my new shed/home lol

I've already told my mrs I'm planning on virtually living there if/when I get one. She said its fine as long as I take the kids Smile I've told her I'm going to make a lawn area if I get a full plot that way kids can play & she can sunbathe. If we get any sun.

Ive already got a good supply of timber, OSB board, waterproofing materials for roof ect.. along with all the tools ill need (and possibly some I won't). Just need the plot.

wait till you get the hand book and all the rules of what you can and cant have as buildings and what percentage must be growing land compared to what opercentage for animals etc.
its a nightmare.
never seen so much red tape and boloney for a few veges.
planning permission for a shed pft glad i avoided that one lol

im building it 10ft by 12ft, and theres bollocks all they can do about it cos it still okupies less space than the chicken sheds ive pulled down, its using the concrete base.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
5 March 2013, 22:51,
(5 March 2013, 11:20)I-K-E Wrote: local to me the council created a garden area for people to grow veg than was contaminated with asbestos

and the waiting lists around here are over 3 years I think for the proper allotments (not the gardens)

Hmm,same thing in my area (perhaps same area-east lancs?), one of the local allotments has asbestos on.But I've got on a different one, I've not got a huge plot, but post-SHTF there will be plenty of gardens and land for me to grow on.