Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armex Tomcat Pistol X-bow - Not bad
5 March 2013, 17:55,
Armex Tomcat Pistol X-bow - Not bad
I picked one of these up, for the price (£30) it was worth a punt. It's not bad at all, up to 20 yards it's definitely going to smart a bit. I'd be confident of dropping "something" with the right bolts at close range. Light enough to carry everywhere, quick and easy to cock, need to zero it when I've sorted my targetry out but no major dramas, colour me impressed for the price.
Power to the people!
5 March 2013, 18:04,
RE: Armex Tomcat Pistol X-bow - Not bad
Yup got three in my kit for home security, make sure you get the bolts that are all alloy tubing rather than half alloy half plastic cos its easier to modify the all alloy bolts. If you trawl back through the archery section you will find numerous articles refering to pistol crossbows and making em better.
5 March 2013, 18:06,
We have two of these, in fact they are the only real self protection we have, my air rifle and large crossbow I purchased for hunting
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 March 2013, 18:07,
Wet & colds research into modified 6 inch pistol bolts was quite interesting in tems of accuracy and penetration, dunno if its still in the bow section files.
5 March 2013, 18:13,
(5 March 2013, 18:04)NorthernRaider Wrote: Yup got three in my kit for home security, make sure you get the bolts that are all alloy tubing rather than half alloy half plastic cos its easier to modify the all alloy bolts. If you trawl back through the archery section you will find numerous articles refering to pistol crossbows and making em better.

Thanks, you wouldn't know where I could get those bolts would you? I'll have a look in the bow section and see what I can find.
Power to the people!
5 March 2013, 18:18,
So these pistol crossbows are good then,Im going to get one when funds allow to go with the 175lb jaguar
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
5 March 2013, 18:33,
(5 March 2013, 18:18)TheFalcon Wrote: So these pistol crossbows are good then,Im going to get one when funds allow to go with the 175lb jaguar

When you do,.. think about bolts,..I got mine from http://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/index.asp and you can get two different bolts for the crossbow,.. either 10 alloy bolts for £5.00,.... or 10 ABS [ plastic] bolts for £3.00

I have a few alloy bolts,... but the vast amount of stored bolts are the plastic ones, they say that they don't last as long,... but there again the Alloy ones will bend,...so I figured why not go for more of the plastic ones,.. you get more for your money
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 March 2013, 19:42,
(5 March 2013, 18:18)TheFalcon Wrote: So these pistol crossbows are good then,Im going to get one when funds allow to go with the 175lb jaguar

Not good but not bad either, mine are set for use CQ not more than 10 yards