Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
21 May 2013, 08:36,
RE: Fun but interesting the ultimate zombie survival gun.
(21 May 2013, 04:53)Talon Wrote: If I could only have one firearm it would be the .22LR ,it's in my opinion the perfect UK prepper round.Cool

Yup I agree if only one weapon it would be something like a Ruger 10/22 with Choate folding stock and lots of 20 round Magazines.

21 May 2013, 09:10,
(17 May 2013, 12:41)NorthernRaider Wrote: I would rather dress up as a Roundhead officer, Zombies could never chew their way through those leather buff jerkins or thigh high boots Smile and it looks sexier than armour Smile

Leather buff jerkins? OMG you're making me wet my nickers
21 May 2013, 09:13,
Leather buff jerkin, thigh high cavalry boots, lobster tail helmet, parliamentary sash and a big orse Smile I'm a died in the wool Republican.

22 May 2013, 04:49,
From what I understand one of those buffcoats might just stop a .22 bullet.
22 May 2013, 08:47,
(22 May 2013, 04:49)Mortblanc Wrote: From what I understand one of those buffcoats might just stop a .22 bullet.

Possibly, but they were able quite often to stop a slash rather than a stab from a sabre.

23 May 2013, 00:21,
It might well stop a .22LR bullet at longer range, as this type of bullet has less mass and the energy drops off rapidly. It would be an interesting experiment at ranges of say, 20 ft. 50ft, 75 and 100ft with standard sub sonic ammo and then again with the supersonic stuff. I might have to try this out sometime soon. Ta. TL
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
23 May 2013, 08:16,
Just keep in mind that the real buffcoats were 1/2 inch thick hide from the bison shoulder built to stop a pike thrust or turn a broadsword!

They were named for the beast the leather came from not the color of the leather.