Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID cards round 2?
6 March 2013, 18:38,
RE: ID cards round 2?
Cant wait.....sooner the better.
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
6 March 2013, 18:43, (This post was last modified: 6 March 2013, 18:50 by bigpaul.)
(6 March 2013, 18:38)Prepper1 Wrote: Cant wait.....sooner the better.

well yeah, cant come any sooner!Big Grin

I really dont know how the whole sorry mess has lasted this far! what with the "austerity" measures, £50 million a DAY to the EU, businesses going bankrupt every day(Axminster carpets has gone into receivership today), millions unemployed, i think the Romanians and Bulgarians coming in next January, when the immigration rules are lifted, will just about finish the whole thing off!!!Angry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 March 2013, 19:28, (This post was last modified: 6 March 2013, 19:34 by Luci_ferson.)
il pretty much guarantee that it has nothing to do with health tourism, and dont stop a thing.
it has everything to do with aking sure when stopped you cant deny who you are. it will become compulsory to carry them next. probably even fined if you dont.
just more control for the plebs.

(6 March 2013, 17:42)bigpaul Wrote: I shouldn't worry about it Prepper 1, the whole sorry mess we call "civilisation" is due to fall apart fairly soon, i see the usual round of strikes are starting up again, first the overpaid Civil Service, probably the NHS workers and the Tube people wont be far behind them, what with cuts to benefits and Housing i expect we'll have rioting come this summer!!Angel

If only the plebs could see it too.

i reckon the only reason the govt is pushing the breast is best polocy to others is because they know there is going to be a shortage or an emergency soon and the milk will become unavailable.

pooooop i went on a political rant. im off to sit in the corner with my hands on my head.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
6 March 2013, 19:46,
To anyone who thinks ID Cards are good and that we need them look at this

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...ht=ID+Card

Look at post 20 by NR, he explains what would be the result of ID Cards being introduced.
6 March 2013, 20:44, (This post was last modified: 6 March 2013, 20:46 by Highlander.)
Well, personally I wouldn't care if they brought out ID cards tomorrow, I have said this before, having an ID card doesn't give anyone any more information now, than they could easily get from any present data base, we are all logged from birth.

If someone can tell me of any information that an ID card can give, that isnt already out there from details on National ins number, driving license, the last car you purchased or home you own your medical records, your school records,..and any number of other forms that we all have to fill in as part of life,.. if an ID card can give any more information I would be interested to know

But if it does help against any sort of criminality, then I would be happy to go along with it,..I am someone who already carries a photo ID in my job

....and I already gave my response to NR`s no20 post in that link
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 March 2013, 20:53,
You're right, Highlander, ID cards cannot hold any more info than is already available on you. Iwould have no objection to being able to say "This is me" and waving a card. No sweat. I do agree with Geordie Rob though, I would be ticked off if I had to pay for it.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
6 March 2013, 20:54, (This post was last modified: 6 March 2013, 20:59 by Luci_ferson.)
personally for the amount of times I get pulled an id. card would make my life a whole lot easier anyway.
but id rather have the awkwardness .
I like the fact i have the option to refuse to give my name.
I like the fact I have that tiny little bit of power left to annoy the copper as much as hes annoying me by stopping me on way to get kids from school.
just because im on foot and wearing a black dut. (its cold)
Please dont let them take this from me by allowing them to make it compulsory to carry a piece of plastic like a dog coller.

i dont have a current passport , driving licence or any photo id, i dont own a bank account. and i have no bills, i like it this way , and its my option. it should always be an option.
i dont do anything ilegal, but i certainly dont get junk mail either.

a note about ilegal, we all slightly break this rule in some way, be it going 5 days with no car tax, or driving a car that isnt really insured because we lied about the milage or where its stored etc
6 March 2013, 21:00,
Look, I don't think ID cards would be a personal insult. Half of being independent and free from Government interference is a state of mind. You can say - ok I have an ID card, but I am who I am. There is no point in fighting determined bureaucracy for the sheer hell of it - pause for a quick chorus of "I fought the Law...and the Law won.." here, if you are that fed up with it do what the Americans always say and go change City Hall. Good luck with that one.
6 March 2013, 21:03, (This post was last modified: 6 March 2013, 21:05 by Luci_ferson.)
it reminds me of an excellent article on boiling frogs, thanks for that one SD

i could be wrong but didnt hitler try an id card system
6 March 2013, 21:06,
Most European countries use them now.