Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you have in your survival binder
8 March 2013, 12:18,
RE: what do you have in your survival binder
(8 March 2013, 12:15)Skean Dhude Wrote: Guys, You may be OK but what about your family and those that don't practise.

I document my stuff because I can't practise it all plus I want to make sure that my family can carry on if something happens to me. I have an article on this on the main site.

I read that, and my solution is to drag the wife out with me and let her learn the things I'm doing. She's damn good with a flint and steel, can purify water, is already great with a tent, and camps whenever possible. As much as I hate to say it, she's also a better shot than me :-(

If we had kids......not a clue what we'd do!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 March 2013, 12:24,
scythe your misses sounds like shes related to mine, unless your borrowing mine lol.(did wonder where she kept going)
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 March 2013, 21:04,
I tend to write it down...pocket sized book....plus ref books..which are kept in a metal case ready for the off
8 March 2013, 22:01,
(8 March 2013, 12:15)Skean Dhude Wrote: Guys, You may be OK but what about your family and those that don't practise.

I document my stuff because I can't practise it all plus I want to make sure that my family can carry on if something happens to me. I have an article on this on the main site.

This is why I want to write it down, its not just about us,..if no-one did this think how many things humanity would forget, the kids would have a far harder, more dangerous life without the information that is really our duty to carry through, because if Preppers don't do this, who will?,... as people who want to survive, we often think too much about just ourselves
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 March 2013, 17:55,
Nothing yet. I have all my pdfs in saved on the 3 laptops I have, the one at work and a gig or so on the kindle too. I do need to start printing them off, but I have thousands and thousands of these files, I'd need another room to store them in once printed!
9 March 2013, 18:03, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2013, 18:04 by Luci_ferson.)
all i have is a map of local area, and the world book for identiyfying common usefull medicine and their names and uses
I take lightness to an extreme.
ideally id like to save all my books, but its not likely.
I havent even put in anything that ive written.

there is going to be a book about traditional medicines though, but i havent gotten hold of one thats good enough yet.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
17 March 2013, 16:53,
Mostly emergency radio frequencies, call signs, and calling plans. Now I have to print out medical articles next, then recipes. I'm going to need lots of paper and lots of ink cartridges...
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
17 March 2013, 20:24,
I was thinking about the computer,.. we have an old laptop computer, we also have solar panels in faraday cages, so if we put everything into the old laptop, and store that in its own faraday cage in the house we can get it out each time we want to add something and return it
17 March 2013, 22:36,
Highlander,

USB drives are cheap enough. Put the laptop and a USB drive in a faraday cage. When you are ready to update get a new drive and put the files on. Put in it's own faraday cage and that means you have a back up. Repeat every time you want to update your laptop and files. Better too many backups and lets face it they are worthless for anything else.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 March 2013, 23:13,
(17 March 2013, 22:36)Skean Dhude Wrote: Highlander,

USB drives are cheap enough. Put the laptop and a USB drive in a faraday cage. When you are ready to update get a new drive and put the files on. Put in it's own faraday cage and that means you have a back up. Repeat every time you want to update your laptop and files. Better too many backups and lets face it they are worthless for anything else.

I really think this is the way to go,.. a laptop is going to last a long time if looked after,..at least long enough for us to learn what we need to know before it goes broke