Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After Society Collapses.
8 March 2013, 14:14, (This post was last modified: 8 March 2013, 14:18 by Tartar Horde.)
RE: After Society Collapses.
(8 March 2013, 13:13)Luci_ferson Wrote: i imagine there wont be much in the pharmacies.
within 2 hours of shtf every heroin addict and druggine in the world will head there first , not supermarkets.
and smack heads aint too tidy, they will scatter everything that dont say morphine on it.
then the other druggies will come in and take anything that ends in poxide, ium, pan etc.
all the other meds wil be trodden on urinated on and thrown up on as they o.d and die choking on their own vomit.
just a guess but its highly likely.

i keep my meds stocked.

first thing a smack head ever thinks about is a fix.

then again , not everyone lives where i live.

Luckily we won't have to put up with Smackheads for long as they will all die and be flushed out to sea with all the other turds. One thing is clear from all disasters/breakdowns and that is the demand for Drugs(I use this word to mean all drugs not just recreational ones) goes up beyond the ability of Governments to supply, or remedy the situation. Think of all the scenarios playing out before us over the last couple of years, and remember how there was always an appeal for medicines after every one!! A smart prepper would make an effort to stock up on all types of medication they can get, including strong pain relief of the prescription variety. I make a conscious effort when visiting our local Pharmacies to scan the layout of the shelves, noticing where they keep certain medicines.

(8 March 2013, 14:06)Metroyeti Wrote: I like the coat but its out of my price range. Boats are a really good option. Tartar does your marina have floodgates? If so how do you open them when the power goes down. My nearest marina has them, fortunatly thetes plenty of oyher boats that dont more there.

Yes it has flood gates, but they can nearly all be hand cranked, so I wouldn't worry about not being able to get to sea. Thinking about boats, there is a wide network off canals to bug out to and I reckon you could lay low for a while on a Barge etc. Plus most canals have direct access to cities, great for a quick forage without having to use the roads, very stealthy
8 March 2013, 14:52,
(8 March 2013, 14:00)Tartar Horde Wrote: Here's what I envision Big Paul to look like on the Poop Deck.

http://www.theknightshop.co.uk/catalog/b...a1299acb5a

close, the beard is the right colour but its too short, think more ZZ Top!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 March 2013, 15:18,
due to arthritis my biggest medical problem isnt the pain, ive learned to deal with that.
its the stiffness. and the joints seizing. ive packed a few sports style compression bandages to help take the strain from knees wrists and ankles.
it would be just my luck to have to start moving everything about in the winter when my arthritis is worse. also packed plenty of ibuprofen to help with the swelling.
other than that ive just got a basic med kit with a few extra meds in. (nothing major)
ive got no antibiotics at all (this needs sorting even though I never take them.)
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 March 2013, 16:56,
I'd stay low for a while but then go off for a little scout about.
How far I would go would all depend on the current state of the surrounding countryside and how feral the locals may have gone.
As Scythe points out it would be difficult to guarantee a good steady food supply and this would limit how far you could reach before it became too dangerous.
In a Cosy catastrophy it would be spring and there would be an abundance of lightly looted tescos to make my country wide journey an adventure! But I doubt that it will be anything like that :-(
Respect existence or expect resistance!
8 March 2013, 17:00,
(8 March 2013, 16:56)Ghost Wrote: In a Cosy catastrophy it would be spring and there would be an abundance of lightly looted tescos to make my country wide journey an adventure! But I doubt that it will be anything like that :-(

That would be nice! Plenty of supermarkets, stocked with food, nobody to get at the food but yourself. Living the dream. But that's all it is, a dream.

I'm checking out sod's law. It'll be the coldest, wettest winter ever, and then a meteor hits, or something like that. If I can get through that, then a summer situation should be much more manageable!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 March 2013, 18:22,
by the time I poke my head out , i expect anything worth having will have been looted or destroyed

and yep sods law says itl happen over the worse winter weve had for 40 years.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 March 2013, 20:34,
If its possible for you, i would stay low and out of sight..depending on time of year..the only way i would make a move is food or the need to grow more food..joining a group this early would be a no no for me...why put yourself at risk...stay put would be what i would do....unless forced to change the plan.
8 March 2013, 20:37,
(8 March 2013, 20:34)Straight Shooter Wrote: If its possible for you, i would stay low and out of sight..depending on time of year..the only way i would make a move is food or the need to grow more food..joining a group this early would be a no no for me...why put yourself at risk...stay put would be what i would do....unless forced to change the plan.

exactly SS, stay hidden, out of sight. its too early to be making contact, especially with STRANGERS..anything could happen.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 March 2013, 20:49,
I would also stay well hidden, almost hermit like and let things take their natural course for a few weeks, during that time, everyone who is able will be on the move going everywhere and nowhere, aimlessly looking for some sort of rescue.

After those first couple of weeks I would start to move about, what I find will determine how the rest of the coming weeks/months evolve

I like the idea of a boat,..I do have a boat, but what would worry me a lot about being on a boat, is that you cant hide, if someone saw you on the water, then they are just as likely to come after you in another boat,..and I am not the best of sailors, I doubt I could outrun them
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 March 2013, 23:22, (This post was last modified: 8 March 2013, 23:24 by Straight Shooter.)
Bloody good point about the boat HL ....i have had a boat for years (not now) can limit your options....there will be loads on boats...the sea is big ....but very small if your close to shore line.....and land can be in spitting distance...but no good at all if your in a 14ft culvic hulled boat with a stewart turner 1.5 horse inboard at high tide in a force 7 in november..fishing for cod...and the crew want to get OFF .....and you get them to shore in reverse and some idiot ties off the rope 6ft longer than the prop ....and dummy boy ss has to go over the side to free the bloody prop whislt heading for "the ranny split " off penarth.....had to tack back to the pier.....took me 2 hours for the 2 miles ...shitless i was

by the way.....well oil beef hooked was the name of my boat