Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After Society Collapses.
8 March 2013, 23:29, (This post was last modified: 8 March 2013, 23:32 by Luci_ferson.)
RE: After Society Collapses.
id like to stay hidden and undetected for as long as possible , but ideally have comms with others.
although id prefer not to actually have physical contact unless for very good reason.
and even then itd have to be away from my bugout, which I wouldnt be leaving for a very long time.

ideally coms would be limited by number of people I comunicated with rather than distance.
id rather talk to one or two far away than every idiot close by.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
9 March 2013, 12:31,
I would like most of you take the "lay low" approach in a SHTF scenarion, getting through the worst on stores and a good mental attitude. I would also take any opportunity to get whatever I could lay my hands on in a collapse, including joining in the looting, rioting call it what you will. Whilst the mob are raiding supermarkets, and getting away with it, why shouldn't we take the same advantage?, if civilisation is going to hell in a hand cart we should get whatever we can when we can, because the chance won't come again once it has all gone.
9 March 2013, 12:37,
whilst the mob hit the supermarkets, il be heading to b&Q
9 March 2013, 16:06,
I certainly plan on being one of the Mob! it's all part of my grey man strategy.

But I'm going to be a bit more selective in the items I 'randomly' acquire, because I already know what I want and where it is located in the store.
I have even counted my steps from the entrance of the store to the exact location on the shelf, just in case the power is off and I need to find my items in the dark (15 steps,turn right..10 steps,turn left...etc,etc.)

Knowing my luck though, on the day TSHTF they will have moved the item I want and replaced it with some useless 'chav' item that has no applicable value, and I'll end up leaving with a box of giant padded valentines cards that a play an annoying tune on a continuous loop!
Respect existence or expect resistance!
9 March 2013, 16:12, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2013, 16:14 by Luci_ferson.)
when shtf im planning on using my time getting all my prepps finished (trip to b@Q) whilst everyone is buisy looting.
The looting wont last more than a few days, and then the real trouble will start.
I want all my projects finished and me well hidden long before then, as for paying at B@Q rather than looting. money is hardly gonna be much use to me after its all gone pete tong, may as well get last few days in spending it on usefull stuff.

obviously depending on the event. meteors could ruin that plan. as could many others.

although unlikely
9 March 2013, 16:16,
(9 March 2013, 16:12)Luci_ferson Wrote: when shtf im planning on using my time getting all my prepps finished (trip to b@Q) whilst everyone is buisy looting.
The looting wont last more than a few days, and then the real trouble will start.
I want all my projects finished and me well hidden long before then, as for paying at B@Q rather than looting. money is hardly gonna be much use to me after its all gone pete tong, may as well get last few days in spending it on usefull stuff.

obviously depending on the event. meteors could ruin that plan. as could many others.

although unlikely

You'll probably find all the staff at B&Q have sodded off and are looting the shop next door for that 50" plasma 3D, dooda TV that wont work when they get it home!
Respect existence or expect resistance!
9 March 2013, 17:50,
i hope so, itl save time at the checkout lol
13 March 2013, 17:42,
The wife and I will stay put. In our town of 2000, crime is nil and the neighbors pull together as we found out after Hurricane Rita. We'd be a hard nut to crack for any mutant biker zombie gang riding into town looking for easy pickings... JP
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
13 March 2013, 17:59,
i live in a small rural town of 1,300 where crime is almost non existent, we never see a Policemen-apart from them driving through to the next town. but i do not believe that people will pull together here, this is 2013 for goodness sake,i believe when TSHTF most will leave and go to other family members, i dont think that there would be many people left living here after "the event"...which is fine by me, i can make use of the abandoned gardens and abandoned garages and open spaces.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2013, 21:09,
No shops near us, so I shall be pottering in the garden, dog at my heels, trying to get on with as normal a life as possible in the circumstances. Not much point doing anything else really.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.