Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Have Allies - Whoopee!
18 June 2013, 13:11,
RE: I Have Allies - Whoopee!
(18 June 2013, 10:04)Prepper1 Wrote: the u.k. isn't such a great place anymore, its such a shame, it could be but....

don't worry P1, once TSHTF and we have the "great die off" we can get it back to the way it should be......Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 June 2013, 17:05,
(18 June 2013, 09:33)bigpaul Wrote: hi Mary, i'm sure communities would arise....eventually, but IMMEDIATELY post shtf I think its everyone for themselves, keep our heads down and try to survive as best we can.

BP, you just posted the best reason yet to get all the neighbors (or as many as are interested) on the same page before the SHTF! Survival will be a community effort. The "lone wolves" will be killed off as easy pickings for the MZB gangs of thugs (which have already formed by the way - terribly unfair that they didn't wait for the rest of us to organize).

If you want to start playing a football game 14 points in the hole to the other team, feel free. I don't! No one I know does either. None of my neighbors will be bringing knives to this gunfight. We'll be bringing our guns, lots of them. We'll have the streets blocked off, a 24 hour security watch, good communications, and anything and everything else we can think of and cobble together. We're not looking to "fight fair". In this fight there are no rules! We're looking to win, by any means necessary. Anyone without this mindset might as well have their "I'm a victim - kill me!" sign ready.

Good luck to you and your loved ones with your "everyone for themselves, keep our heads down and try to survive as best we can" plan... you all will need it!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
18 June 2013, 17:26, (This post was last modified: 18 June 2013, 17:34 by bigpaul.)
(18 June 2013, 17:05)Jonas Wrote:
(18 June 2013, 09:33)bigpaul Wrote: hi Mary, i'm sure communities would arise....eventually, but IMMEDIATELY post shtf I think its everyone for themselves, keep our heads down and try to survive as best we can.

BP, you just posted the best reason yet to get all the neighbors (or as many as are interested) on the same page before the SHTF! Survival will be a community effort. The "lone wolves" will be killed off as easy pickings for the MZB gangs of thugs (which have already formed by the way - terribly unfair that they didn't wait for the rest of us to organize).

If you want to start playing a football game 14 points in the hole to the other team, feel free. I don't! No one I know does either. None of my neighbors will be bringing knives to this gunfight. We'll be bringing our guns, lots of them. We'll have the streets blocked off, a 24 hour security watch, good communications, and anything and everything else we can think of and cobble together. We're not looking to "fight fair". In this fight there are no rules! We're looking to win, by any means necessary. Anyone without this mindset might as well have their "I'm a victim - kill me!" sign ready.

Good luck to you and your loved ones with your "everyone for themselves, keep our heads down and try to survive as best we can" plan... you all will need it!
I understand what you say Jonas, but I don't live in America, things are different here in the UK, I EXPECT NO help from neighbours,to be honest I don't think they'd be much use anyway. I live on the very outskirts of a small market town..population 1,300 which is the population of some villages, if most people here aren't killed off by disease or starvation i'm expecting most will leave and go to other relatives homes in larger places( or just become refugees), modern British people aren't like they were in WW2..they don't help each other anymore, most of the people here are from "outside" with just a few locals....local meaning they've come from another town 8 or 13 miles away, I was reading a report today that said people this days are too stressed out with work, wealth and relationships to give a damn about anyone else, hopefully post shtf that stress will kill a lot of them off!Tongue

most people here have less than 3 days worth of food in the cupboards, no hand tools and no way of heating, lighting or cooking if the power goes off...why should they? "the govt will look after us!" there is NO way I am putting my survival into the hands of people like that, nor do I want to spoil my OPSEC by discussing my preps with them...probably get me raided by the Police if I did!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 June 2013, 18:03,
I think there are communities in the UK that would band together if TSHTF. Smaller communities that have built relationships and where they have years of knowledge about eah other, have shared experience, power outages, etc. and they live closely.

Most people though don't fall into that catagory. building these relationships takes time. Depending on personalities you may be able to build relationships that will help when TSHTF but it has its risks.

In larger communities there are too many variables and the risk isn't worth it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 June 2013, 18:13,
most people these days don't have time for anyone else, they are too busy, rush,rush,rush, you see them on the streets, on the motorways, no time for anyone else. and as for getting them involved in some sort of "prepping" exercise or group, why should they? " nothings going to happen..right?" nope sorry, that's a non starter.