Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
situational awareness
8 March 2013, 15:34,
situational awareness
http://prepography.com/situational-aware...roduction/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 March 2013, 15:48,
RE: situational awareness
good article,
its surprising how many silly needless dangers people put themselves in everyday and theyre totally unaware of them.
drives me nuts when I see people walk away from their buggies and leave a purse on top etc.
its like most people are too distracted by lifes flashing lights and catchy tunes designed to drag you in.
they think they are awake, but its more like being in a consumer mode of sleepwalking.
thats a level of un-awareness i reserve for after my front door is locked and i know im safe.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
8 March 2013, 21:30,
There's a phrase that's always good to remember, look for....
"absence of the normal, presence of the abnormal", it's the mantra used in Afghanistan but it applies to anywhere.
Power to the people!
9 March 2013, 12:38,
i'm lost, where am iAngel
9 March 2013, 13:06,
my ex had foned me this morning and whilst on the fone he suddenly shouted watch out then someone screamed and he hung up, found out later that a girl didnt even look before she crossed the road and walked straight into an oncoming car, luckily she was able to get up afterwards nut both him and his son who witnessed it and the driver and the girls sister are all now traumatised by it, talk about not being aware of your surroundings!!!!!
9 March 2013, 14:11,
(9 March 2013, 13:06)Madgirl151 Wrote: my ex had foned me this morning and whilst on the fone he suddenly shouted watch out then someone screamed and he hung up, found out later that a girl didnt even look before she crossed the road and walked straight into an oncoming car, luckily she was able to get up afterwards nut both him and his son who witnessed it and the driver and the girls sister are all now traumatised by it, talk about not being aware of your surroundings!!!!!

I live opposite a primary school & it's scary how many kids just run across the 30mph road without looking. Only been here 2 years & witnessed 1/2 a dozen accidents. I drive up the road slower than a snail when I drive home.
9 March 2013, 16:13,
We live in a society where nearly everyone under the age of 40 walks down the street looking down at their latest Iphone completely oblivious to the outside world as they tweet,text,sext and otherwise engage in distracting time wasting nonsense .
Respect existence or expect resistance!
9 March 2013, 18:26,
I think that making the pedestrian at fault will fix it rather than blaming the driver. Squish. They didn't look.No insurance claim here. It'd cure it or eventually they will be wiped out. Darwins law. Our laws protect idiots.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 March 2013, 18:33, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2013, 18:38 by Luci_ferson.)
(9 March 2013, 18:26)Skean Dhude Wrote: I think that making the pedestrian at fault will fix it rather than blaming the driver. Squish. They didn't look.No insurance claim here. It'd cure it or eventually they will be wiped out. Darwins law. Our laws protect idiots.

years agoi i would have dissagreed but since the invention of phones and crap, its starting to look like they shouldnt auto blame anyone, they should just check both peoples phones.
90% of the time it will show one of them was just using it.

a copper nearly ran my m8 over 3 years ago in middlesborough, he was on a phone (the copper).

about 90% of england own phones.
but in about 60% of road traffic accidents il bet atleast one of those involved suddenly dont own one.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson