Basic security.
9 March 2013, 12:15,
RE: Basic security.
wow thats a big polly tunnel.
mine is only 12ft x 10ft
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
9 March 2013, 20:57,
Was kean to start marking out today ....but ended up baby sitting...will get going tomorrow and get down to biz
9 March 2013, 21:04,
raining all day yet again, could be worse they got snow further up.
9 March 2013, 21:28,
Its a thought isnt it, no-one would think of a hidey hole in a Polly tunnel,... the only thing that comes to mind is that you would need to do two things,... make the roof strong enough to still be able to work and grow things on it, and have the entrance at the very far end,... anyone walking in to look for food, would never go to the far end [ they could see that there is no food there ]
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 March 2013, 22:19, (This post was last modified: 9 March 2013, 22:20 by Luci_ferson.)
youve got it in one dude, thanks loads for the idea very much appreciated.
it was the final little piece of my puzzle (plan).
somewhere to hide if neccessary jjst incase everything gos totally pete tong.
even if they take all the food, my kidsl be safe thanks loads.

us too, we wont have much but wel still have enough to keep going.
10 March 2013, 15:34,
Been looking around my ground today....some probs with water levels...so not as easy and straight forward as i thought, but working on it...its going to happen though.... that.. i have no doubts...but i won,t set off half cocked, done that to many times in the past...will think it through and cover all the bases first..
10 March 2013, 15:37,
best thing to do yup.
ive got a few water concerns myself.
but since mine will only be dug into the ground by about 2.5ft it shouldnt be a big problem
any deeper and id have been unable to do it.
10 March 2013, 17:50,
We dont have this problem as we live on an ancient loch beach, so its very sandy about three feet down.

It sound like you are going to be doing a bit of drainage, dig down a bit further than you need to and build it up with gravel, putting a drainage pipe in or below the gravel should help,...difficult without seeing your ground
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 March 2013, 19:13,
The ground is falling ( as i enter with the digger) HL....and then falls away down a bank on the same elevation as i enter which is good so to drain the area is not a problem...its a question of how i hide the air intake & exhaust..this is now my main problem.....and the question of direction because of internal voice noise from inside to where the intake and exhaust terminates above ground...although the swaneck pipes aim to ground...got to think that through a bit more.
10 March 2013, 19:16,
(10 March 2013, 17:50)Highlander Wrote: We dont have this problem as we live on an ancient loch beach, so its very sandy about three feet down.

It sound like you are going to be doing a bit of drainage, dig down a bit further than you need to and build it up with gravel, putting a drainage pipe in or below the gravel should help,...difficult without seeing your ground

Luckily for me my ground isnt too bad as im near the top of a hill.
as long as i only go about 2.5 to 3ft down water shouldnt be a problem, but it means il have to build my box above atleast 2 to 2.5ft so that theres a decent headroom once in.
but ive got that sorted. the hardest part for me was the idea, and you sorted that out.