Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
another one!
8 March 2013, 20:51,
RE: another one!
Welcome to the forum,... from the west coast, Scottish Highlands
A major part of survival is invisibility.
9 March 2013, 07:49,
hello and welcome
9 March 2013, 08:15,
Wow thanks for the warm welcome guys!

it's been a long time since i've seen anyone get such a welcome on an internet forum!

(8 March 2013, 19:39)David075 Wrote: Hi binnie not tam binnie by any chance ?

Sorry no, i don't know of anyone in my family named Tam.

(8 March 2013, 18:39)Scythe13 Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

What got you into prepping and survivalism?

I've always been in to "roughing it" so to speak, i prefer to go camping in the uk as opposed to going abroad.

whats made me look deeper into this kind of thing is a sudden realisation that things could change for the worse at the blink of an eye.

it could be as simple as just losing my job, as most of you are aware, unless your a migrant worker, with 3, and no intention to support yourself, local authorities aint exactly tripping over themselves to help you out.

Or i could be faced with a life or death situation driving to work in the morning, you just don't know!

Interesting point:

years ago i stayed with friends, they were moving on, but i was really struggling to find somewhere to live. i contacted the local homeless shelter (it wasnt an ideal plan but better than kipping in a cardboard box)...... The homeless shelter told me i'd be better off staying in a hotel, due to the fact i work for a living they'd be looking for £90 PER NIGHT!!

I've been saying for a long time, this country actually NEEDS some form of event to sort the men out from the boys. then people will see what real poverty is, as opposed to this faux-poverty most people claim they live in in the UK........ "i cant afford a PS3/xbox and a plasma telly for the wee ones bedroom" is NOT poverty in my book.

ramblings over Big Grin
9 March 2013, 08:27,
hello and welcome
Failure is NOT an option
9 March 2013, 19:16,
hi and welcome on board
9 March 2013, 23:49,
Welcome from the Highlands hope you will like the forum
14 March 2013, 18:42,