Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cow Juice
11 March 2013, 00:31,
RE: Cow Juice
I am probably talking through the top of my head here,... but I wonder if there is a way of making milk tablets from milk powder??????????
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 March 2013, 00:35, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 00:35 by Luci_ferson.)
why ?

for what pupose ? ( very curious)
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
11 March 2013, 00:39,
I was just wondering,... powdered milk has a long life if kept sealed, if its possible to make tablets of it, you could store so much more milk in a smaller space, one spoonful of powdered milk , against one tablet is a lot of space saving

...but as I said, probably talking through the top of my head
11 March 2013, 00:47, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 00:48 by Luci_ferson.)
not really.
to make a tablet it would have to be compressed so yes takes less space.
but then they usually round , so no matter how you pack them there is wasted space.

also to make tablet you would need to introduce a small amount of sterile liquid or some other form of binder. this would lead to the tablets shelflife reducing due to moisture, therefore bacteria producing. unless you introduced an antibacterial of some sort.
its starting to sound pretty nasty already.

any binder or act of compression would also make it harder to dissolve.
11 March 2013, 01:20,
(11 March 2013, 00:10)Luci_ferson Wrote: i forgot about that typhoo instant white. thanks, il be getting some of that. always space for a bit more tea, im british lol

Last thing I want to do is face the end of the world without a mug of tea..
just a number, nothing to see here, move along now.....
11 March 2013, 01:39, (This post was last modified: 11 March 2013, 01:40 by Luci_ferson.)
I have tea, coffee and sugar and milk, but them typhoo things are great, they might not taste as good but you cant half get a lot in a small space and itd make my milk last a lot longer , so can store less, easier to rotate, and again less space.

space was becomming an issue a long time ago lol
11 March 2013, 23:01,
Just a thought,.. I drink coffee, but Bracken drinks tea,... now she always buys tea bags,... but for preps she has purchased packets of loose tea and a few strainers, its a good call, because you can store more loose tea than you can tea bags,... not a lot of difference mind, but when space is limited, every little helps.

She also said that in a survival situation, tea bags are wasteful, a few dunks and throw away,.. where you could use a fraction of amount of loose tea for the same job.

....and dont forget that cold tea leaves cures stys [sp] in eyes
12 March 2013, 20:30,
i think you would need some sort of binder in the milk powder to press it into tablets but I'm not sure if you would have natural binders in the milk powder itself

the binder would hold the powder together to form the tablet

I wonder how we could test it........ maybe you could use a hydraulic car jack to make a DIY press?
13 March 2013, 11:29,
Any one ever wonder what the first man to milk a cow thought he was up to? THEN the dirty monkey drank it! That's wrong on so many levels....
13 March 2013, 11:34,
i doubt it, probably saw a calf drinking from the teat and thought i wonder what that tastes like?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.