Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OPSEC:and the dangers of people you thought were like minded.
12 March 2013, 12:50,
RE: OPSEC:and the dangers of people you thought were like minded.
all good answers guys, i've always had strict OPSEC, sometimes have to warn the Mrs about keeping stumm!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 March 2013, 18:14,
The lesson here is listen before talking. Just listening to other peoples converstations you can pick up so much intel.
Failure is NOT an option
12 March 2013, 22:52,
Just shows you can't be to carefull there is a lot of good points bought out here. No wonder lone preppers are exactly that, lone preppers. The irony is the people who scoff and can't be bothered are those who will be at the door begging come the day.
12 March 2013, 22:56,
Better safe than sorry, but its difficult and easier said than done when talking to friends or people you trust.
8 April 2013, 22:20,
Have discussed prepping with my father and two brothers, wouldn't trust anyone else, and haven't gone into detail with them.
Have however agreed a meet point with them should anything really drastic occur and we all need to bug out (they are in Bucks, father and I are in Essex).
9 April 2013, 07:33,
I found the blog realistically depressing in a strange sort of way. Cannot really put my finger on it but none of it really surprises me at all. However the main theme is get on with what you think is the right thing to do, do not upset the horses and stay quietly polite to most.
Another grey day?
9 April 2013, 15:52,
I'm glad that my wife and I are older with all the children grown and gone. I can imagine some teacher asking my kids questions like "does your dad own a gun?" and "did your mom teach you how to can food?"... "really! How much do you have in the basement?"

Don't think for a minute teachers aren't asking these questions. Their paychecks are signed by the government.

I can also picture our eldest daughter's and youngest son's response to such questions - something along the lines of "Mrs. Teacher, that's none of your f*****g business, bitch!" The other four kids weren't quite as astute... Smile
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
9 April 2013, 15:54,
thankfully i've never had kids so not a problem.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 April 2013, 16:21, (This post was last modified: 9 April 2013, 16:26 by Luci_ferson.)
(9 April 2013, 15:52)Jonas Wrote: I'm glad that my wife and I are older with all the children grown and gone. I can imagine some teacher asking my kids questions like "does your dad own a gun?" and "did your mom teach you how to can food?"... "really! How much do you have in the basement?"

Don't think for a minute teachers aren't asking these questions. Their paychecks are signed by the government.

I can also picture our eldest daughter's and youngest son's response to such questions - something along the lines of "Mrs. Teacher, that's none of your f*****g business, bitch!" The other four kids weren't quite as astute... Smile

months ago my daughter brought home a sheet for us to fill in and sign.
it was in case of emergency

some crap about would we need help to evacuate in a flood or some baloney like that , our town never has flooded (ever).

the form wanted to know all the details of who lived there, ages etc.

we never filled it in or sent it back.

i was suspicious of it then, im more suspicious of it now after some of the more recent events.

im starting to think i should have filled it in.

a family of 5 not filling in a form requesting registration for emergency evacuation will have stood out like a sore thumb to any gov wanting to locate preppers.
after all , they already know everybody who lives here.

Luckily il have just blended in with the 800 illiterate chavs that couldn't fill it in.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson