Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snow bother AGAIN!!!
12 March 2013, 17:45,
RE: Snow bother AGAIN!!!
I work outside most of the time . In the Summer many of my friends say things like "You're so lucky to be outside" It's funny how not many of them say it in February!!
It makes me smile when we're in the pub of an evening and they say things like"It was bloody freezing today wasn't it?" How the f##k would they know? they only had to walk from their house to the car and then to the office!
BP is right, they're gonna be screwed if we get hit by a CME or EMP or if we just run out of power.
Respect existence or expect resistance!
12 March 2013, 17:54,
because most people these days work in centrally heated offices and centrally heated shops(ever noticed how hot it is in shops as soon as you walk in the door) and have centrally heated houses( new houses are electrically heated most dont have chimneys) most people, especially under 40s are gonna be screwed when the power gets off, how many under 40s do you know that can actually lay a fire in a fire grate and light it? very few i suspect! their all gonna be running around with their fingers up their backsides not knowing what to do.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 March 2013, 00:31,
Taking precautions for the weather is part of prepping.

Sorry about closing this. premature clicking.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
13 March 2013, 08:59,
I came upon a preppers problem just the other day,.. if we had been in one of those snow jams, we would have been grinning like a Cheshire cat, because of course being a preper we have the gear with us.

In our case we carry it in a top box on the car

.... but we were glad we were not in those jams, because if we had of been, we would have got out of the car with those grins on our faces, went to open the top box,...only to find that with it being locked for so long and salt spray etc,... there was no way it would have opened

I only found this out because I wanted the top box off to put the car through the car wash, and thought I would check on the gear while it was off.

So,... as in life, another lesson learnt,..from now on I am not going to use a lock, but will use cable ties instead, I always have cutter, and cable ties in the car,... emergency equipment is no good if you cant get to it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
13 March 2013, 09:09,
We would have been laughing to, our disco is equipped for expeditions, we have a shelf built into the back door that contains a cooker. We have 12 MRE's, tea and coffee plus 10 litres of water and metal plates and cups at all times in the back. Also all the other things you should carry blankets, sleeping bags etc.
Failure is NOT an option
13 March 2013, 10:14,
we stay OFF the roads in "inclement " weather, no need to put ourselves at risk, local journeys only in the winter, in the summer we go further afield to RVs and Events.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 March 2013, 00:14,
(12 March 2013, 14:21)Ghost Wrote:
(12 March 2013, 14:10)bigpaul Wrote: but what a waste of time! 9 hours? i'm sure you had better things to do!Big Grin

True! but I coped better than everyone else. It amazed me how many people set off on long journeys with no food or drink in the car!

I know what amazes me is I even gave a member of my family basically a complte BOB and breakdown kit for there car inc sleeping bag full flask and food recently charged her phone also and she forgot the lot and had a crap night for 10 hours on the motorway near Wigan stuck in the snow they are beyond help !