Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plague pit found in London.
15 March 2013, 16:21,
RE: Plague pit found in London.
(15 March 2013, 15:35)bigpaul Wrote:
(15 March 2013, 15:17)Tibbs735 Wrote: Our biology teacher was discussing this, and apparently some biologists think it might have been a previously unknown, hemorrhagic virus.

nice!Big Grin glad i dont live near the site.

One of the diggers gets a flea in their clothes, then boards the train for home.

The flea makes a new home in the carpet of the train.

Train moves from one end of GB to the other on a daily basis as the fleas hatch and spread.

Plague sweeps through every major city and every small town on the line within weeks.

Over here our scientists resurected the Spanish Flu from frozen corpses. We have one of the international storehouses for exotic communicable diseases in Atlanta, GA. One of the only legal storage places for smallpox virus, ebola.....

You might be surprised at what is available in your local university research center.
15 March 2013, 16:34,
i think its Portadown in the UK which stores all the anthrax and similar stuff.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 March 2013, 18:59,
Guys, guys do not panic, there is no possible chance you can contract Yersinia pestis better known as Plauge, even the Pneumonic or septicmic types. Yersinia pestis is a bacterium that can not survive for very long in an open or closed environment. I spent four years excaving a massive Plauge pit dating from 1349 1666, on the Old Royal Mint Site whilst working for the Museum Of London. As a matter of interest, several spiecs wild mammals are know to carry Plauge Fleas in Central United States. A little knowledge is a very dangerous thing! Wonder sometimes how some preppers are going to survive in any given situation.............
15 March 2013, 19:24,
(15 March 2013, 18:59)Oggydoggy100 Wrote: A little knowledge is a very dangerous thing! Wonder sometimes how some preppers are going to survive in any given situation.............

would you like to expand that particular remark??Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 March 2013, 20:11,
Actually there are many mammals all over the U.S. that are capable of hosting plaugue fleas, just as there are in most nations of the civilized world. That does not mean we live in the close proximity to them that people did in past ages.

If they ever develop a plaugue carrying cockroach we are all done for!

We occasionally have plaugue outbreaks in the American Southwest in the desert areas espically on the Native American Reservation areas. Many of the conditions there promote such transmissions.

We also have outbreaks every year along the Pacific northwest coastal areas. Those outbreaks are usually the result of transpacific shipping contamination or transport of pre-infected individuals from Asia.

It is not the flea carrying strains we should really be worried over, but the disease in its pneumatic form when it could be transimitted person to person. That was when it began wiping out entire civilizations.
15 March 2013, 21:16,
From what I understand, most of the types of plague are caused by bacteria, which is treatable by antibiotics. So, unless the antibiotics have been compromised themselves, then plague should not be too much of a problem. It is the viruses that cause the medical headaches.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
16 March 2013, 09:14,
post SHTF anti biotics probably wont be available, even now they are getting useless against some diseases due to over prescribing.
16 March 2013, 09:16,
(15 March 2013, 19:24)bigpaul Wrote:
(15 March 2013, 18:59)Oggydoggy100 Wrote: A little knowledge is a very dangerous thing! Wonder sometimes how some preppers are going to survive in any given situation.............

A little knowledge is a very dangerous thing! Wonder sometimes how some preppers are going to survive in any given situation.............
I do not come on this blog site & post very often as there appears to be a lot of ill-informed people with deep seated conspiratorial theories. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs & I respect that. Ask yourselves this question? given any future situation where we find ourselves having to deal with anything from a Global disaster to a prolonged power outage, I would hope, that the people I find myself with are well prepared mentally, physically & have the common sense to remain calm, enabling them to make quality decisions based on the facts presented/present. I do not want to sound arrogant, but based on my experiences over the past 30 years of working in remote locations with all types of characters; only certain people I would wish to be with in an emergency situation. Transpose said experiences to any given prepping situation & in my experience you get many people whom appear to walk the walk, talk the talk, but in reality fall to pieces very quickly in any given emergency situation. Lots of people both on this & other “prepper” sites appear to be very poorly informed etc. It does not take much to research established facts, i.e. the real risks of contracting Plague, Bubonic or otherwise! There well maybe a massive die off among the so called Sheeple, but how many preppers are going to meet a nasty end cuz they have either badly injured themselves with improper use of tools, weapons etc. applied some sudo science found on the internet-for instance, using Fish Antibiotics- How many people on this site have any experience or knowledge of how to remain clean in either a rural or urban environment, given restricted access to the normal everyday amenities, be honest! Not many. To be able to do anything proficiently requires practice, practice & real time experience! Knowledge is power!
16 March 2013, 09:24, (This post was last modified: 16 March 2013, 09:28 by bigpaul.)
at the end of the day it might also just come down to LUCK! we may be lucky in being in the right place at the right time.

i'm happy for you if you think your experience will help you survive, but no one knows what will happen, what the event will be, all we can do is prepare and plan and hope, hope to outlive all the sheeple around us, survive the event and come out the other side, any more than that is a plus!!Big Grin
16 March 2013, 10:22,
(15 March 2013, 19:24)bigpaul Wrote:

i kind of agree with oggy, there must be a few "tin foil hat" types out there, just lapping up any threat that comes thier way Big GrinBig Grin