Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
neighborhood recon
16 March 2013, 11:37,
neighborhood recon
http://www.theprepperjournal.com/2013/03...ighborhood recon/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 March 2013, 18:27,
RE: neighborhood recon
Part of me realky wants an emp ro go off just to see everyones faces when there 50"plasma tvs goes off.

Living in a city/built up area you have to take other things into account. Dogs could be a big danger to you, give away your position, alert people that your there, attack you or give you fleas ect. I have a mental note of most of the dogs that live near me, dont want to be bitten.

also make a note of people, people that could help you or harm you. There could be a trouble family nearby, safley say there going to be 100%worse when theres no law. Also drug addicts/hangouts you dont want to be searching a house for supplies in the dark open a draw and get a dirty needle in your finger, you might not get hep/hiv but its going to get you down.
16 March 2013, 19:05,
Dogs could be a problem here too, lots of people with them and a few VERY large dogs in the starter homes near the river, Akita's and GSD and the like, a few staffies and the rest are terriers, i think i'm more concerned about the cats cos none of em are neutered and they keep having litters. People dont worry me too much, if the thing goes t#ts up i think most of them will go home to mummy!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 March 2013, 19:08,
Let the cats breed Smile they're just more food Smile
Winter is coming
16 March 2013, 19:21,
(16 March 2013, 19:08)Hex Wrote: Let the cats breed Smile they're just more food Smile

thats true and hopefully they'll keep the rats down, i expect most of the cats to go feral.
16 March 2013, 19:25,
(16 March 2013, 19:08)Hex Wrote: Let the cats breed Smile they're just more food Smile
AND the dogs, most off them are fecking useless mutts no good for anything but a barbeque
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
16 March 2013, 19:29,
most of the terriers would be useful, for rabbitting and biting raiders anklesBig Grin most of the larger dogs are too inbred and would need too much food and take up too much room.
16 March 2013, 19:34,
If cats go feral they could be a nuisance, if dogs go feral and form packs I would be much more worried.
Winter is coming
16 March 2013, 21:25,
I like to chat to the neighbours locally and most are ok with one exception.Angry
Certainly a local recon has brought up some interesting results
Who has a garden allotment and has fruit trees (apple and pear)
Also recently found out that one is a gun owner and hunts (weapons available or a threatHuh)
It’s also worth knowing what the local’s skills are
16 March 2013, 23:28,
I seem to live in a boring area, quite a lot of old folks in my vicinity. Have discovered another escape route though, only usable at night though.