Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it illegal?
24 March 2013, 23:22,
RE: Is it illegal?
I dont carry a knife fullstop. Not worth the hastle, even if its a legal blade, if the cops are searching you im pretty sure they will invent some reason to arrest you for it.

The local bobby is a thing of the past, if you talk to coppers the "old" boys are waiting to retire to many changes and its not the job they signed up for. Dont forget the police are getting screwed the same as us. Have to deal with police regularly at work most are decent, some are bad just like normal folk.
25 March 2013, 00:03, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2013, 00:04 by Luci_ferson.)
reason I don't carry a knife isnt anything to do with the police.
id never get it out because its just making a bad situation worse.

First it was a bad situation, now its a bad situation with a knife in it.
or if hes got one too its a bad situation with 2 knives in it.
its easy to pull out a knife its not always easy to keep hold of it.

Look at it this way.
if he hasn't got one then its just 2 men fighting, no problem men have done it for thousands of years.
soon as one of you have a knife . its not 2 men fighting no more. its attempting to murder eachother
cos if you get it off him your certainly not going to slap him and send him away are you.
your gonna stick him with it.
and hes gonna do same if he gets it off you.
best if there just isn't one there in first place.

besides theres a reason theres a small bag of salt in the corner of my pocket lol.
it don't half sting the eyes. and totally legal to carry

and a nice metal parker pen with no insides is very usefull.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
25 March 2013, 00:14,
I don't carry a knife for fighting purposes, to be honest I probably wouldn't even think to get it out if fighting. I only carry it for the purpose of dealing with food or practical work.
If I was after a blade for fighting I would rather it had a longer reach lol
Winter is coming
25 March 2013, 00:17, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2013, 00:20 by Luci_ferson.)
knife is definately one of mans most useful tools.
you can carve just about anything with a knife , some wood , and plenty of time.
even other tools.

be madness not to have a good one in your kitbag
but after shtf , knife laws wont matter.
so no problem, get a nice big good one lol

its not illegal at home in your kitbag with your camping stuff.
25 March 2013, 00:52, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2013, 00:54 by Nutmeg.)
Carrying a knife in my city is silly. Stop and search still happens.
I came home from balling and was stopped. It was only because the policeman knew what a paintball club card was that stopped me from being arrested.
That and the green paint on my behind that I hadn't noticed.http://forum.survivaluk.net/images/smilies/blush.gif

(25 March 2013, 00:52)Nutmeg Wrote: Carrying a knife in my city is silly. Stop and search still happens.
I came home from balling and was stopped. It was only because the policeman knew what a paintball club card was that stopped me from being arrested.
That and the green paint on my behind that I hadn't noticed.

Whoops, just how do you amend a post and use the smilies?
25 March 2013, 15:44,
(25 March 2013, 00:52)Nutmeg Wrote: Whoops, just how do you amend a post and use the smilies?

You can only use the smilies if you answer a post via the `new reply`key [ and not just the `reply` key ]

You cant edit your posts after its been sent, I always try and preview my post via `Post review` before sending it,.. it has often stopped me sending something daft
A major part of survival is invisibility.
25 March 2013, 16:32,
What cities are you lot living in where you get searched for no good reason? I used to work in London, if you emptied my pockets you'd be amazed at the sharp pointy things I had on me. Couple of mora sized fixed blades, gerber semi-auto flick type knife, neck knife, ninja throwing spikes.

I don't exactly look "innocent" either, but I've never had any problems. In and out of Westminster on foot and via tube and not once did I even get a funny look from a police man, and I wasn't the usual "suit", wearing combat boots, cargo trousers a camo jacket and a maxpedition bag.
25 March 2013, 16:37,
cant even call where I live a city.
but getting stopped is a common occurance.
they usually don't bother searching me though.
they just take my details and I take theirs.
simple exchange of information.
its strange how they stop you and want your information.
and where your going and been etc.
but when you ask for theirs they try to get you on your merry way as fast as possible.
25 March 2013, 18:29,
We have one Police station with two Policemen and one car stationed there, it is 14 miles away, the next nearest is a slightly bigger station with [ I think ] 4 Policemen and 2 cars, and that is about 40 something miles away.

We had bought this house about two years before we saw a Policeman,....

The only crime I know of in the last six months, was that someone stole this guys bags of cement
A major part of survival is invisibility.
25 March 2013, 18:46,
Beardy I havnt been stopped for years but I still dont want to chance it, I need a clean slate for work, if im going to the woods I carry, but will have other gear to help back it up.