Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What set up are you going with?
24 March 2013, 10:14,
RE: What set up are you going with?
I was planning on bugging in , and had a bugout location planned both with the intention of staying hiden and going undetected.
change of plans due to uncontrollable reasons.

now the plan is simpler.

wherever I am is my home, and if you get too close il simply make sure you never want to do that again.
not the best of plans but itl do until I repair, rebuild and restock.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
24 March 2013, 10:25,
(24 March 2013, 10:14)Luci_ferson Wrote: I was planning on bugging in , and had a bugout location planned both with the intention of staying hiden and going undetected.
change of plans due to uncontrollable reasons.

now the plan is simpler.

wherever I am is my home, and if you get too close il simply make sure you never want to do that again.
not the best of plans but itl do until I repair, rebuild and restock.

could you find another BOL? i dont have just 1 BOL i have several just in case the first 1 or2 become compromised.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 March 2013, 10:32,
I built my new shed, (cut a few costs on the outer shell) but it turned out pretty well.
finished it on Wednesday, and moved my stocks in, surprisingly it all fitted in well, and still left decent space.
all was going perfect.
I left it on Thursday night fealing pretty pleased with myself.
I went back on Saturday morning and some mysterious act of nature has managed to not only remove and empty everything from my shed/home but it dismantled it and took it away.
including all the offcuts of wood, and the leftover cladding.
only thing left behind was outershell of a water filter. and a clockwork torch.
and not one person has seen anything.

luckily my food stores were still at home. as for everything else . its all in oz somewhere visiting the wizard.

time to restart from beginning.
24 March 2013, 10:37,
(24 March 2013, 10:32)Luci_ferson Wrote: I built my new shed, (cut a few costs on the outer shell) but it turned out pretty well.
finished it on Wednesday, and moved my stocks in, surprisingly it all fitted in well, and still left decent space.
all was going perfect.
I left it on Thursday night fealing pretty pleased with myself.
I went back on Saturday morning and some mysterious act of nature has managed to not only remove and empty everything from my shed/home but it dismantled it and took it away.
including all the offcuts of wood, and the leftover cladding.
only thing left behind was outershell of a water filter. and a clockwork torch.
and not one person has seen anything.

luckily my food stores were still at home. as for everything else . its all in oz somewhere visiting the wizard.

time to restart from beginning.

you must have been watched?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 March 2013, 10:41, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2013, 10:42 by Luci_ferson.)
I reckon so too.
one of the other allotment holders commented that the wood I was using was a bit overboard for a shed.
hes suspect one.
and another was watching me when I took some bags to it.

hes suspect two

but either way someone else has to have seen something, and no one is saying anything.

was probably both of them. since it would take atleast 2 to dismantle the shed
24 March 2013, 10:45,
my principal BOL is an empty farm cottage, hasnt been used for about 6 years-still has some of the old furniture in it- down a very unused very minor country lane, i dont have anything stored there, i will just bring what i can when the need arises- i cant afford to lose any "stores" if compromised.but its somewhere to go when my home becomes unliveable, i have several of these dotted about the countryside about 7 at last count...not all cottages, some are barns, some are "utility" structures...just trying to keep all my options open.
24 March 2013, 10:47, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2013, 10:49 by Luci_ferson.)
that's pretty much where im at now.
no purpose built bugout. if I have to move that's where will become my new home.
all I have left is food and 2 waterbuts.

im definitely not spending another £1000 building another bugout.
misses wouldn't let me if I wanted too.
24 March 2013, 10:56,
(24 March 2013, 10:47)Luci_ferson Wrote: that's pretty much where im at now.
no purpose built bugout. if I have to move that's where will become my new home.
all I have left is food and 2 waterbuts.

im definitely not spending another £1000 building another bugout.
misses wouldn't let me if I wanted too.
we had an allotment too, we had a £200 shed on it-nothing special....we WERE going to use it as a temporary bug out if we went in that direction, maybe just for a night or two and then move on, but the weather put paid to it last year..the whole field was under several feet of water for about 10 months so we gave up the allotment and sold the shed.
24 March 2013, 10:59,
ouch , that's my kind of luck lol
24 March 2013, 12:07,
(24 March 2013, 10:56)bigpaul Wrote: we had an allotment too, we had a £200 shed on it-nothing special....we WERE going to use it as a temporary bug out if we went in that direction, maybe just for a night or two and then move on, but the weather put paid to it last year..the whole field was under several feet of water for about 10 months so we gave up the allotment and sold the shed.
On the plus side you found out befor an event how good it would be. Finding out during an event could be costly.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin