Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What set up are you going with?
24 March 2013, 12:11,
RE: What set up are you going with?
(24 March 2013, 12:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: On the plus side you found out befor an event how good it would be. Finding out during an event could be costly.

yeah, like i said we envisioned it as only a temporary BOL..maybe just a night...its 5 miles away from here so would have got us out of the immediate area, maybe could have cached some supplies there..had a metal box there which i had to leave behind....but as it happens the weather made it non operable...so back to the drawing board.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 March 2013, 12:21,
I was hoping on it being a long term solution, simple to protect. plenty of fresh food. and a warm cosy shed.
sadly I didn't plan on the wicked witch of the wests evil monkeys coming in and flying it all away.
think il just stick with all portable stuff now , and home is wherever I am.
just means I get to chop the monkeys hands off next time they take anything.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
24 March 2013, 12:29,
(24 March 2013, 12:21)Luci_ferson Wrote: I was hoping on it being a long term solution, simple to protect. plenty of fresh food. and a warm cosy shed.
sadly I didn't plan on the wicked witch of the wests evil monkeys coming in and flying it all away.
think il just stick with all portable stuff now , and home is wherever I am.
just means I get to chop the monkeys hands off next time they take anything.

thats is REALLY bad, not just nicking the contents but the shed as well! must have taken them a bit of time.i'd like to get my own land, nothing huge a bit of woodland with a bit of growing area but the cost of land down here is just crazy..even for scrap land its out of my pocket.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 March 2013, 12:43, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2013, 12:44 by Luci_ferson.)
I think it was the shed they were after.
the contents were a bonus.
had to remove them anyway to take down the shed.

I imagine when they open some of it theyl be a bit confused.
probably thought it was garden tools and equipment.

atleast they left the concrete slabs lol
24 March 2013, 12:51,
sorry, you must really live in the pits for them to nick your allotment shed, normally its a few plants or the spade or the wheelbarrow.....last allotment i had someone nicked my wheelbarrow wheel...just the wheel!i wouldnt have been surprised if they took the whole wheelbarrow but just the wheel? the mind boggles, anyway thats people for you..they'll nick anything not nailed down...and even stuff that is-like your shed.
24 March 2013, 12:56, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2013, 12:57 by Luci_ferson.)
I don't even think it was the shed they were after. it was just the wooden that it was built out of
12 foot lengths of tantalised 3 x 2 etc.

someone comented that it was a bit over board for just a shed.
I reckon hes wanted the framework. cos even the offcuts had gone.
24 March 2013, 15:12,
Hi Dojo, good question.

Personally, I love the idea of being able to drop your kit and still being able to survive. Think I posted about a 5 item list incase you lost your BOB.

I've opted for a similar thing, but a slightly smaller bag. Hopefully my bushcraft will be enough to compensate.

As for the smaller system, I'm going with a water filter straw, knife, space blankets (XL), and the clothes I'm wearing. That should be enough for me to be able to reach where ever I'm heading. A lighter or 2 won't go amiss either.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 March 2013, 15:21,
2-12P.M. and look who just got out of their pit!!Big GrinBig Grin
24 March 2013, 16:05,
ah but the early worm gets eaten by the bird.
24 March 2013, 17:23,
(24 March 2013, 16:05)Luci_ferson Wrote: ah but the early worm gets eaten by the bird.

i think thats his problem, he WAS eaten by his bird, if you know what i mean!!Big Grin