Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What set up are you going with?
24 March 2013, 18:24,
RE: What set up are you going with?
My small BOB has a cheap poncho, opinel, hultafors heavy duty (Better than a mora, cheaper too :O ) a steel bottle and alu cup on the belt. Firesteel little tinder box lighter and matches go in outside pocket along with tactical torch and paracord. Front pocket has some plasters, magnifying glass, water tabs, AAA batteries for torch, 5 pounds in coins (more for hiking when I find a nice pub), and food for free book in sandwich bag. Big pocket has hexi stove and tabs, duct tape around a pen, small note book, glove for fire tending, and a brew kit with 3 in 1 coffee sachets, ginger and lemon tea (packs a punch) and some hot chocolate sachets. My edc is previously mentioned, but that is for urban carrying. In the woods I carry my survival kit IF i wear my camo military trousers with big pockets on the knee, some trail mix in my bug out jacket, and my survival necklace: orange whistle with compass and thermometre and a little LED light, and it has a compartment inside which fits matches cut in half, strike pad, and a little bit of cotton ball. Also on necklace is swiss army knife, proper whistle, plastic tube of pen with duct tape round it, and a mini fire steel,
24 March 2013, 19:49,
(24 March 2013, 10:06)bigpaul Wrote:
(23 March 2013, 22:35)Mortblanc Wrote: The most important item in your BOB is the plastic card that pays for the motel room!

oh no! not you as well! this was the sort of reply i got on UKP and was the reason why i left....what if the motel is full, if all motels are full, your credit card wont do you any good then.

If the situation is so bad that all the motels are full you are SOL anyway, you waited too long to get out of town.

Get real, these BOB lists and plans are pure fantacy anyway. Post apacoliptic GB populated by ninja-boy scouts.

Most likely this will be what you are looking foreward too.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=occu...ORM=IQFRBA
24 March 2013, 19:56, (This post was last modified: 24 March 2013, 20:01 by bigpaul.)
(24 March 2013, 19:49)Mortblanc Wrote: If the situation is so bad that all the motels are full you are SOL anyway, you waited too long to get out of town.

Get real, these BOB lists and plans are pure fantacy anyway. Post apacoliptic GB populated by ninja-boy scouts.
i see, so you are an internet troll are you? your just here to upset real preppers and depress them, i had enough of that on SB.

dont know why your making comments about UK anyway, what do you know about us Brits, your in the States anyway. unless of course your profile is all a lie as well.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 March 2013, 21:13,
The yanks have an awful habit of carrying the biggest knives possible...
24 March 2013, 21:27,
MortBlanc, can I ask, have you ever been in the UK?,...I ask because there are quiet a few comments that you make that is telling me that you don't really know the UK
A major part of survival is invisibility.
24 March 2013, 23:06,
My rucksack has two of the PLCE side pouches on it, which I keep the vital stuff in. That way I can hide the large main body somewhere and quickly switch to the two side pouches on a yoke.

My set up is severely lacking atm, to be entirely honest I have no weapons, no idea about any type of comms, as well as loads of other things. Until I start uni, I'm living at home, with 2 other people (parents) who have very little interest in thinking about or preparing for bad things that may occur.

I've also been thinking more and more about how difficult it will be in the early stages due to the population density, unless the cities are sealed off under martial law of something.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
25 March 2013, 07:39,
100ltr bergen dd hammock-woodlands camo basha-desert camo basha-3 types camo netting-4 season sleeping bag-bivi bag-wild woodgas sove-crusader cup-mess tins-gi quart water bottle-x2 sm water bottles-washing up brush with half the handle cut off and a t towl-billy can-first aid kit-wash kit(all natural) fire kit and tinder bag+emergencie tinder-modified mini machete-buck alpha hunter-casstrom bushcraft knife-folding saw-meat cleaver turned mini axe-folding shovel-leatherman-binoculars-spotting scope-compass-.22 air rifle-cross bow-rope and chord-fishing tackle and snaring kit-possibles pouch(listed in the bushcraft threads lol) 25ltr air jet for scouting, wich rolls up nicely (bergen stashed) i also plan to get a roll out solar panel, 12v cb and an areal, and trie and add communications into the mix. not all of the above has been bought but i'm not far off, and there's a whole lot of other more minor items that i've left out. i opt for bugging in but i would b a hunting and looting where possible and tending my bol just incase.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
25 March 2013, 09:23,
I'm currently running. ...

35l bergen
3x2.4 tarp
Home made woodgas stove(stainless and indestructible)
Fire lighting gear
2x landranger maps plus compass
Bahco laplander
Condor bushlore knife
Waterproofs
Sleeping bag
Millbank bag
Mess tins
Zippo lighter and fuel
100ft 550 cord
Collins food for free
Change of clothes socks etc

Optional. ...

2.2 air rifle
Inflatable kayak (awkward to carry)
25 March 2013, 13:48, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2013, 13:49 by Scythe13.)
I'm quite up for MB's style of bugging out.

I get where MB is coming from though. The population density is go big in the UK that it'll be difficult to get away from everyone else.

Having said that, I do plan to bug in for as long as possible, but again, as MB says, if you bug out too late and you can't get away from the AoD/AoE (area of danger/area of effect) then you really are poop out of luck. In which case, it's your own fault.....sucks hu?

While bugging out, it'll be, hopefully, a short term thing where we'll then be able to return home. If it's a WW3 thing, life will be like it was in WW2. It'll suck, but we'll still be home.

I believe most SHTF scenarios will result in us staying at home anyway, and most people in our neighbourhood will be at home too. Most situations where we'll need to bug out, will mean it would be a temporary leaving, unless the area gets destroyed by a meteor or something like that. In which case, a hotel would be a good idea.

The more I think about bugging in or out, the more I think it's unlikely to happen where it'll be an INCH scenario.

Totally off topic though, sorry!!!

I'll pump this into a new thread.

Sorry guys.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 March 2013, 14:08,
"The yanks have an awful habit of carrying the biggest knives possible..."

LOL, that is true Dojo. I've even fallen into that myself. The knives just look so cool in the store! Then I get it home and try to use it and realize it is too freakin big for much of anything other than cutting trees or running someone through.