Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dried Food -
18 November 2011, 22:31,
Dried Food -
Hi this is my 1st post

I have been looking into dried food for long term storage and have though the Mountain House brand good but expensive.

I found this supplier with good low costs and a wide range of items. [much wider than shown below, see the attachment for the full range].

Any one any idea's on how you could use this stuff to create meals / cook with it.

Thanks

Web: http://www.jlpfoodgroup.com

Cabbage flakes @ £4.38/kg, packed in 15kg
Carrot Dice @ £2.16/kg, packed in 20kg
Courgette rings @ £6.89/kg, packed in 12.5kg
Apple diced @ £4.41/kg (packed in 15kg)
Banana chips broken @ £2.53/kg (packed in 6.8kg)
G/W Leek flake 10mm @ £4.75/kg (packed in 10kg)
Mushroom kibbled @ £17.50/kg (packed in 5kg)
Onion kibbled @ £2.43/kg (packed in 15kg)
Potato diced 10x10x10 @ £2.24/kg (packed in 20kg)
Green Beans 12.5mm @ £5.65/kg (packed in 20kg)
Peas garden – packed in 20kg @ £3.73/kg (10 min cook) or £5.29/kg (5 min cook)
FD Sweet corn – packed in 20kg @ £8.32/kg
Tomato sun dried – packed in 10kg @ £4.65/kg

Attached Files
.pdf   11-08-24 JLP Product List.pdf (Size: 330.77 KB / Downloads: 6)
19 November 2011, 07:31,
RE: Dried Food -
This is brilliant. You've found a good site for prices. Dehydrated food is good. You can of course dehydrate food yourself with a dehydrator. They are expensive and need electricity to use. I am impressed with the prices. Usually you need the same amount of water to re-hydrate. I have more on this among my papers and will try to find this and give more feedback. Some veg requires more water I believe. I find the best way to use it is to make it into soups and stews where you use plenty of water. This is my main use for this food. Kenneth Eames.
19 November 2011, 11:28,
In the US there are a million and one suppliers. In the UK we are all looing around for some. Thanks for sharing this one.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 November 2011, 11:46,
Dunno if anyone else wants to have a look around, I failed this time, but I do know there used to be a supplier of preserved, dehydrated, freeze dried and other foods in Wales some place, it was set up and ran to supply the CLS / Mormon church members in the UK, they were more than willing to sell to anyone, but its years since I read about them. It was far more affordable than buying Mountain house stuff.

19 November 2011, 20:04,
Another supplier is http://www.Cotsherb.Co.uk. They also supply medicinal herbs. One of my herbal suppliers. I've dealt with them for many years. An excellent company. Kenneth Eames.