Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dehydrator?
24 March 2013, 20:14,
dehydrator?
So I'm thinking of getting a dehydrator (this has nothing to do with the idea of making my own beef jerky Tongue) so I can preserve some food.

Has anyone got any opinions/recommendations?

Thanks Smile
Winter is coming
24 March 2013, 20:18,
RE: dehydrator?
I think straigh shooter posted a link for one. Well recomended and a few other members got one.
24 March 2013, 20:34,
Oh yes...... get one Hex ....i paid bout £35 for mine for the price range i am well happy..5 tray round one got it off amazon make is (Andrew james ) good kit...buy a book called the dihydrators bible.....go to farmers markets for your fruit....there was never that much waste from my garden....now there will be none....happy days
24 March 2013, 20:35,
have you used anything you've dehydrated SS
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
24 March 2013, 20:39,
No not yet luci......tbh ..to busy getting stuff done with it ...but it all looks good though....but i will try some stuff and post to let you know mate
24 March 2013, 23:51,
thanks itd be appreciated. never considered one before. but the amount of uses it could have its something id like to look into.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
25 March 2013, 00:04,
Many thanks Smile come payday I know what I'm buying Smile
Winter is coming
25 March 2013, 14:27,
I have the same one. Great bit of kit, wouldn't be without it. Makes cracking jerky (doesn't have to be beef, I make pork jerky too), brilliant when you put fruit in there. I got the vacuum sealer with it too, I'd definitely recommend getting one of those too. Makes it slightly less tempting then to open the package and eat your freshly dehydrated produce.