Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What situations would cause you to bug out?
26 March 2013, 06:30,
RE: What situations would cause you to bug out?
we must grasp the size of what kind of disaster would create such critical mass of riots. the event itself would tell us that riots would happen, and the riots preppers and survivalists fear are the unprepped, mad with fear, sheep mobs, moving and looting to survive! for me this would be the point that i'de be heading to the bug out cave lol i have a big family, 3 daughters, 2 sons. so it would be poaching harcore to bring back good meat to bulk us up. where ever the mob wont be i will b. if there looting the citys, i'll be poaching farm land. they hit the farm land, i'll hit the forests. but the real one i have trouble getting my head around is marshal law!! and i mean soldiers on the street, curfew ect. then i really would b heading for the hills.
he never planned to fail, he just failed to plan. like lambs to the slaughter the wolfs look down from the hill tops. we are those wolfs!!!
26 March 2013, 08:09,
(25 March 2013, 20:01)Scythe13 Wrote: I think my path of thought has progress more to, how will you know 'they' are coming?

I get what you are saying Sythe and its a valid point.

Luck plays a big part here. If you are lucky 'they' will hit another property before they hit you, and the noise of 'they' make in doing so will alert you.

In urban environments the noise of the 'them' hitting another property will be your alert

In rural environments, the sound of distant shot gun discharge is a probable alert. as Highlander mentioned, at night in isolated countryside it is very difficult to move about without using lights, unless you know the terrain very well. Noise is the other give away at nigh, we can hear cars approaching from many miles away
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

26 March 2013, 10:14,
if looting is the thing you will probably hear them coming a long way off...mobs are not usually quiet-lots of shouting and stuff, if arson is the thing-the riots were looting first then set fire to the place on the way out- then again lots of shouting, smell burning in the air, see flames ! gives you a bit of forwarning and a few minutes to get out, mind you you'll have to have all your gear packed and ready to go, you wont have time to start putting it in boxes and bags, you'll have about 5 minutes-10 if your lucky-to get out and get away.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 March 2013, 19:01,
It would be difficult (if not impossible) for us to "bug out". I'm in a wheelchair and my wife has Alzheimer's disease. I'll stay here and shoot the "zombies" as they come into the front yard!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
29 March 2013, 19:04,
(29 March 2013, 19:01)Jonas Wrote: It would be difficult (if not impossible) for us to "bug out". I'm in a wheelchair and my wife has Alzheimer's disease. I'll stay here and shoot the "zombies" as they come into the front yard!

sounds good to me!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.