Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What situations would cause you to bug out?
25 March 2013, 17:47,
RE: What situations would cause you to bug out?
I think this is another progressive thought thing for me.

I want to know what scenarios people would use to bug out in, because I want to understand more specifics, but also how people can tell the whole "When the situation is too dangerous" is at it's point of contact.

How will people know the mob is coming? That kind of thing.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 March 2013, 17:50, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2013, 17:58 by Luci_ferson.)
as soon as you no longer feal comfortable where you are its time to leave.
you wont live long if your on edge all the time.

some people still feal comfortable in a war situation. others wouldn't like 5 people arguing on the front.
its hard to say a specific.
just when you don't feal safe nomore. its time to leave

some of us haven't fealt safe for years. they've already moved out to the country.
I would if I could afford it.
id go bug out now.
if we could live totally off grid and self sustaining I think 30% of us would leave now lol

id swap my entire possesions for 2 acres of land and a turret with a gattling gun lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
25 March 2013, 18:09,
I agree with what SD wrote. Just have a general plan that fits most scenarios and be adaptable.

how will you know the mob is coming? i dont think this will be hard. people will get desperate and the easy targets will naturally get hit first. i'm not talking about looting or scavenging, but scenes of extreme violence over food.
25 March 2013, 18:15,
(25 March 2013, 17:33)Scythe13 Wrote: If you live in the middle of nowhere, like HL does, then you're not going to get the same kind of warning that someone living in the corner of an estate like BP will. BP will be able to see the first few houses pluming flames. I'm not sure about HL's full situation, but I could imagine you're probably "that beautiful house up in the hills" that people see and like the look of. So you're hidden enough to not become a target, but also remote enough to not get much of a warning (one of the problems of seclusion).

its not my house, or the immediate location that is our advantage,..its the general geography of the area, we are at the start of a Peninsular, there is one road in and out of the peninsular, we are close [ 4 miles ] from a junction at the end of that road, the few people from the peninsular, could pass my house, but it would make more sense for them to take the other road, or risk many more miles of nothing.

..... I dont think the people would feel its worth walking this way,... if they were looking for food, or help, then they would be better off going the other way .

.... but lets assume they do come our way, I can see about 2 miles of road, and see the next village 4 miles away so I would see them coming in the day,... at night its black out here, so unless there is a good moon, they will need a light, or be forever falling in the bog

If they surprised me, then we do have a hidey hole half built into the ground and half above the ground in my densely planted garden, we can be in that in about 2 minutes where we have food and basic needs,..and can see the house
A major part of survival is invisibility.
25 March 2013, 18:17,
highlander has my dream set up, itl never happen, but you've got to dream
25 March 2013, 18:51,
societal breakdown, mob rule, looting, mugging, arson.....would cause us to bug out, would have a bit of breathing space as the problem would come from the outside not within and would take some time to arrive here-if it ever does-we are a long way from any LARGE urban area!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 March 2013, 19:10,
Collapse of society really,

Or more realistically, loss of employment or other financial emergency.

i'm lucky enough to be within 5 miles of a major city, but also 2 miles from terrain most city slickers wouldn't even dream of walking over
25 March 2013, 20:01,
I think my path of thought has progress more to, how will you know 'they' are coming?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 March 2013, 20:07, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2013, 20:10 by Luci_ferson.)
that will be a hard one to judge if theres no communications working.
Id go with if you can smell smoke or see flames , carefully explore.
make your decision based on what you see.

youl have to rely on your eyes and ears a lot.
but theres likely to be no tv or sounds to distract. or you would be watching the news.

il be working off the assumption that they are coming and its not a case of if, its more when.
so il be constantly listening and watching.
any trouble even close to my locality and were gone.
25 March 2013, 22:27,
TBPH .....i pick up the idiot badge then.....the end. but like most on here my reaction will be very swift to what ever presents itself .....to many variables s13....not trying to steal SD,s thunder but you do need to be precise