Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boots
26 March 2013, 09:07,
RE: Boots
All you wear boots in the wild. I wear mine to go shopping. Dangerous things are shopping trolleys.
The real danger is on the tube when feet get crushed. Not much snow there.
The only part of wild in a city is the park where the only danger is dog muck, chavs, and qu@@rs.
Meg.
26 March 2013, 12:49,
i wear walking boots for "every day" wear.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 March 2013, 13:13,
(25 March 2013, 21:02)Nutmeg Wrote: I wear work boots because in the city it is hell on your feet in girlie shoes.
They are comfortable to wear all day and cheap.
Problem is getting my foot size 5.
My poncho is also too big and it brushes the ground.
Do any ladies have the same problem finding small sizes?

Nutmeg

My partner wears size 6 and we've never had problems finding stuff for her.

A web search shows large numbers of suppliers of boots in size 5.

Do you have a specific type that you're having difficulty finding?

A bit more detail of what you're looking for will help???

LS
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

26 March 2013, 13:17,
I live in a city
26 March 2013, 14:27,
(26 March 2013, 09:07)Nutmeg Wrote: All you wear boots in the wild. I wear mine to go shopping. Dangerous things are shopping trolleys.
The only part of wild in a city is the park where the only danger is dog muck, chavs, and qu@@rs.
Meg.

I wear my UnderArmour SpeedFreaks to work. I work in an office. The boss has been knighted, so I'm surrounded by suits. I tend to stick out a bit, but I'm the only one here would could walk home in the snow and still have warm dry feet Big Grin

You will NEVER find me in normal shoes or trainers. Always in combat boots of some description.

Oh, and composite plastic toe caps are 100 times better than steel. Plus you can wear these into a nightclub without any issues (or anywhere where they have metal detectors)
26 March 2013, 14:39,
(26 March 2013, 14:27)BeardyMan Wrote:
(26 March 2013, 09:07)Nutmeg Wrote: All you wear boots in the wild. I wear mine to go shopping. Dangerous things are shopping trolleys.
Meg.

I wear my UnderArmour SpeedFreaks to work. I work in an office. The boss has been knighted, so I'm surrounded by suits. I tend to stick out a bit, but I'm the only one here would could walk home in the snow and still have warm dry feet Big Grin

You will NEVER find me in normal shoes or trainers. Always in combat boots of some description.

Oh, and composite plastic toe caps are 100 times better than steel. Plus you can wear these into a nightclub without any issues (or anywhere where they have metal detectors)

I hear you composite toe caps and composite plates are good ive got a pair of magnum stealth force 8 ct/cp they are not bad
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
27 March 2013, 22:47,
well personally ive just baught some berghaus walking boots, so far theyre very comfy, warm and very supportive but only time will tell how they hold up. they wernt the most expensive but they were still pretty costly at £85 but compared to the boots the company i work for issue they're sheer bliss Big Grin

as a plus they look a bit like trainers if i let my pants hang over them a bit Big Grin
Winter is coming
28 March 2013, 00:15,
Nice thread.
Lots of useful tips.
Thank you.
Meg.
28 March 2013, 13:30,
try engelbert strauss workwear lotsa good clobber inc boots and thermals essential workwear for me
2 April 2013, 10:48,
I believe that good boots are amongst the top items on any prep list. I saved for many months to get the best (IMO), Meindl Dovre Extreme. VERY expensive, but can you put a price on good boots when they may be the last pair you can get for a very long time.
Mar sin leat