Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boots
6 April 2013, 22:18,
RE: Boots
I have gone through loads of boots over the years and unfortunatley have to say its just not possible to get a one pair suits all jobs. The best boots for mountains and snow are totally useless for urban or casual wear whislt anything suited for urban to moderate walking will not give you the protection you would need in freezing or high level conditions. I have a pair of magnums which were given to me, a pair of good quality light weight gortex style hiking boots and a pair of Kayland alpine boots. The kaylands cost £100 but should have been well over £200. I just happened to get a bargain on a last pair in store ex display pair. For ladies and anyone with small feet sizes check out Go Outdoors and other outdoor retailers. Always try and spend wisely on the best pair of boots you can afford and try to get a bargain on a good pair rather than waste money on cheep ones that won't last.

I know a lady who bought a pair of leather scarpa boots 30years ago and has worn them continuously since. She has taken care of them over the years and has had new soles once via scarpa. They cost her close to £100 at the time which was a lot more then. She smiles now though as she works out how much she has saved in boots over the last 30 yrs.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)