Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Possibly bugging out within next 4 weeks!
4 April 2013, 07:07,
RE: Possibly bugging out within next 4 weeks!
Its just my personal beliefs Rob, there are certain elements of society that squeeze every last penny out of the benefits system.

if i didnt HAVE to pay tax, i wouldn't, purely because i don't think it's value for money.

i beleive i've got the skills, and soon, the gear, to ride this one out!

i may be proven wrong tho!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
4 April 2013, 10:10, (This post was last modified: 4 April 2013, 10:12 by Scythe13.)
It would probably be wise to start hiding your food in caches for you to go to during the 4 weeks. Carrying 4 weeks worth of food will not be easy. Also, get the water filter working, tested, and ready to use, with lots of filters. I say that because you'll likely lose it.

The hobo route is a pretty good one, as long as you don't hang out too much in the cities and get the poop kicked out of you.

Most of the hobos will be able to help you out.

One quick bit of information, Tesco at 8pm, Asda at 10pm, both do the super cheap throw away breads, cakes, and the out of dates. I got 3 tins of sweetcorn for 15p........so I opted for a few quids worth of tins. Boxes of muffins were 8p.......and delicious haha.

If you don't already have one, go for one of Beardy's Swedish parkas! Big pockets to carry stuff, super warm, long enough to sleep in, and once waterproofed, is waterproof haha.

Definitely worth the money!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 April 2013, 14:38,
quick update,

my position has worsened somehwhat, doesnt look like my wee excursion is avoidable at all at the moment,

obviously i'm still looking for alternatives, but it's looking grim at this moment in time
28 April 2013, 15:59,
good luck mate Big Grin if worst comes to worst head to the hills, find a cozy cave and become a mountain man Smile
Winter is coming
28 April 2013, 16:46,
God be with you Binnie! JP
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
28 April 2013, 17:38,
Good luck mate. Anything you need?
28 April 2013, 19:29,
Binnie, if you need a hand PM me- you're in my part of the world.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
28 April 2013, 20:36,
My question is not IF it can be done?

My question is, how will things be different when you finally return to Realville?

Will the government and your problems be gone?

I know over here any government owed money will finally be collected one way or another and time is not a problem for TPTB. They will eventually either add it to your tax bill or take it from your pension.

Dodging payments is viewed as fraud, and/or tax evasion, with ensuing criminal charges...

If becomes a criminal matter pending, the "escape from reality" would be viewed as 'flight to avoid prosecution", with added time on the final sentence.

Anyone assisting you would be guilty of aiding and abetting a fugitive.

At least that is how they rig it over here.
28 April 2013, 22:04, (This post was last modified: 28 April 2013, 22:08 by Binnie.)
Thanks guys.

Beardy, I'm almost set I think, did spy a tilly hat in a shop today that fits my ginormous noggin that I fancy, will be useful come summer. Need to research prices though as it seemed steep.

Bucket, I'll pm you in the near future I think. Even if for a brainstorm.

Mort, I don't think our government acts in that way, though they would imprison someone to pay off such debts.

It's a complicated situation, Best case scenario, I can sell some old junk from the attic and start up a business.

I'd be a lot worse off but at least id be in control again. I cannot stand "the man" controlling my life,

I'm a law abiding citizen, but these crazy acts of parliament are gonna be what destroys this country.

Oh and ps Mort,

When I return to the rat race, I'll be better for the experience, and there might not be much to return to if this solar flare thing happens this year!
28 April 2013, 23:50,
So what is the story then? Are you a tax evader? Refusing to pay the CSA for your kids? Some scumbag that fiddled tax credits?

Come on lad, we are all in this together.