Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Possibly bugging out within next 4 weeks!
26 March 2013, 23:48,
RE: Possibly bugging out within next 4 weeks!
Join a traveling group, they will hide you,...other than that fill one of your pouches with a load of good luck,...and let us know from time to time who you get on
A major part of survival is invisibility.
27 March 2013, 00:20,
wood that has trapped moisture when burning also pops and throws out hot embers a lot.
wouldn't lay too close.
id say go get a free roof over your head for a while , it comes with 3 meals a day .
excellent gym fascilitys . a well stocked library . and further education courses. lol
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
27 March 2013, 15:18,
Didn't someone post something on here a while ago about those buildings that were free to stay in overnight (can't remember the names, boothies or something I think). They were basic shelter but if its somewhere to stay warm & dry, why not give it a go?

Alternatively look into cash in hand jobs to help you get by. I started out with a petrol mower cutting lawns for a fiver many moons ago. Now it's developed into a full gardening business giving me a nice little income on top of my other job. Obviously it's not gardening weather but there will be other things.

With determination, skills, preparation & a bit of luck, most people can survive many things.

Whatever happens & however events unfold for you, good luck & hopefully we will see you back soon.
27 March 2013, 17:14,
If your just thinking of going Ghost for a few weeks then try to head out to an industrial estate, lots of empty, easy accessible buildings due to the economic down turn. Some big enough to hide in for a long time and maybe light a fire in to keep warm.
Also lots to scavenge on these big industrial estates. food, clothing etc

Good luck.
Respect existence or expect resistance!
28 March 2013, 13:54,
i like to keep any empty laundry soap plastic jug by my "bed" so that when nature calls in the middle of the night, i dont have to completely wake up and leave the shelter. i prefer the laundry soap jugs because the are not clear - kinda gross having a jug of pee around, they have a large opening (learned the need for this thru trial and error- yuck), and they seal tightly. i've noticed sleeping in the cold makes me go a lot. in my younger days i was homeless in Los Angeles. its a warm climate so primitive shelters mostly for concealment worked great. worst thing was waking in the middle of the night and having to dump and nowhere to go- all the businesses, parks, etc. were closed in the middle of the night. find a small tree sapling to sit on.
good luck
28 March 2013, 15:56,
good luck binnie I think you are going to need it I hope you have some kind of a plan ?
28 March 2013, 16:53,
Thanks for al the encouragement guys

(28 March 2013, 15:56)David075 Wrote: good luck binnie I think you are going to need it I hope you have some kind of a plan ?

David, i'm still not 100% if i'll have to do this, but if i do it'll be at short notice.

my current plan is to amass eqiupment and knowledge for the time being!
3 April 2013, 20:03, (This post was last modified: 3 April 2013, 20:04 by Binnie.)
Quick update,

It seems tptb are still adamant bankrupting a law abiding, tax paying citizen is the best course of action.

3 or so weeks and I reckon my adventures will start!

I refuse to claim benefits,

Current plan is still checking and buying kit where required, also have some books on order.

I've managed to source a risky, but free, source of meat, if I'm sensible and not greedy nobody will even notice its gone!

My current kit is designed to be lightweight, so moving around won't be an issue.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
3 April 2013, 20:21,
Keep warm and best of luck to you.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
3 April 2013, 23:10,
Nothing wrong with claiming benefits in your time of need. You paid in so why not take it back?