Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your sense of smell could save your life post SHTF
26 March 2013, 18:07,
your sense of smell could save your life post SHTF
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/your-sens...htf_032013
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 March 2013, 19:36, (This post was last modified: 26 March 2013, 19:42 by Mortblanc.)
RE: your sense of smell could save your life post SHTF
I have this covered!

I plan on placing my washer, dryer and generator on the little trailer and towing it to the lake 1/4 mile away using the small tractor.

I can barter for washing clothes while the neighborhood takes a swim and cleans up.

That should keep the buzzards from circling our area for a time.

There is a big difference between lack of hygiene and different hygiene. In my parents day bathing once weekly was the normal routinue. That was done in a big tub with water hauled from the well. I grew up taking two shouwers daily, with water piped in and heated automatically, which is really unnecessary.

Incense and purfumes have been around since the beginning of time.

I have read about people in the old days being able to identify family members in a dark room by their smell.

Seems I have also read studies that claim humans have a better developed sense of smell than other primates. That must have some connection to our digestive system not allowin us to eat some of the putrid crap the reminder of the animal world digests.
26 March 2013, 23:38,
lol,... memories,.. when I first went to the jungles of Malaysia, the Ghurkas always used to act as the enemy when we went of exercise,... and every time they would get the upper hand and we would get ambushed,... why, because they were able to smell us squaddies who were always clean and tidy...Smile

So,..the point I am making is that being hygienic can get you into trouble as much as being dirty and smelly,..as mentioned above my MortBlanc, when we wash we usually use scented products, and we wash more than we really need to,..I too was brought up with one bath a week and a wash a day in the kitchen sink

So, when living on your wits, the key would be to revert back to that way of washing,...and without the soap,..or use a natural soap
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 March 2013, 17:11,
Back during the Viet Nam War days, part of the army training was:
no hair gel or oil
no aftershave lotion
no deodorant

The Viet Cong could smell this stuff and avoid ambushes and find downed pilots trying to evade them.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
28 March 2013, 17:43,
i grew up in the 50s & 60s, it was normal to have a bath ONCE a week and "strip washes" for the rest of the week, hairwash was once or twice a week depending on what your job was (clerical or manual).shaving was usually a "wet" shave until battery shavers came along.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.