Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horse meat
30 March 2013, 23:11,
RE: Horse meat
There all guilty of it, did a weeks work at co-op and lots of there own range frozen stuff is out of stock, its actualy been with drawn by the company. Makes you wonder who else hasnt beencaught, was mostly tescos on the news
31 March 2013, 17:28, (This post was last modified: 31 March 2013, 17:29 by Luci_ferson.)
I was more worried about the unidentified meat found in a takeaway last week.
they confirmed it wasn't chicken pork beef or lamb, but they didn't know what it was cos they only tested for beef pork chicken lamb and horse.
It could have been anything from dog to guinnee pigs.

probably just rabbit though.
98% of it, is science, the rest is rainbows - Luci_ferson
31 March 2013, 19:19,
Even after the horse meat scandal broke, I still tried to buy cheap burgers & got funny looks off the assistant. I told him I've been eating them for over 10 years now (the downside of being poor Sad ) so what damage is a few more going to do?

What did make me laugh though was in the Tory mail it had an article asking what people expected when they paid 7-10p per burger & people should buy the premium ones. Then the next week the premium ones were pulled. In this instance, we really were all in it together Smile
1 April 2013, 12:54,
love the all in it together remark lol, you should tell caMoron hel be proud hes finally said something truthfull.
1 April 2013, 15:17,
(31 March 2013, 17:28)Luci_ferson Wrote: I was more worried about the unidentified meat found in a takeaway last week.
they confirmed it wasn't chicken pork beef or lamb, but they didn't know what it was cos they only tested for beef pork chicken lamb and horse.
It could have been anything from dog to guinnee pigs.

probably just rabbit though.
I can remember 20 odd years ago, armed police being sent to the area around Newcastle city hall because somebody had been spotted with a gun and they thought it might be a nutter after Jason Donovan who was playing that night. Turned out to be a local chinese takeaway owner after feral pigeons to put in the chicken dishes, so it goes to show this sort of thing has been going on for years. TBH, whether it's pigeon chow mein, cat curry or dogger kebab, as long as it's been cooked sufficiently and correctly then it would be edible, just very distasteful to our western/european/civilised sensibilities. More worrying is the possible chemical residues left over from vetinary interventions on the dodgerly sourced domestic livestock (including horses) that appears to be getting through.
they laugh at us because we're different, we laugh at them because they're all the same
1 April 2013, 15:25,
a Chinese takeaway was raided in Plymouth and in the freezer they found half an Alsation(GSD) hanging up!......or so the story goesBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 April 2013, 18:10,
Il probably be eating worse than that after Tshtf.
so may as well get used to it now.
you can cover just about any bad taste up with the right spices.
1 April 2013, 18:12,
(1 April 2013, 18:10)Luci_ferson Wrote: Il probably be eating worse than that after Tshtf.
so may as well get used to it now.
you can cover just about any bad taste up with the right spices.

nah....brown sauce!!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 April 2013, 18:16,
Barbeque. ive got loads lol
6 April 2013, 01:45, (This post was last modified: 6 April 2013, 01:48 by Tdvsko.)
I am happy to eat horsemeat come shtf I am happy to eat any meat as long as it is edible it is going in the pot to be cooked to provide for me and others.